The Boil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by bryant1380, Dec 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Kinda confused.....I read at Terra-Arcanum walkthroughs that if you don't clear out the boil, then Tarant will become "shadowy and crime-ridden". What am I supposed to do? Go in and start killing all the baddies? Oh, and also, somehow, I "joined" Clan Maug? I think it was Maug, the one on the left, where you collect the money from the guy....Anyway, I saw that that pushed my alignment WAY down, so what am I supposed to do now? I tried to kill the head guy in the house, but Magnus started bitchin'. What am I supposed to do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retard on 2001-12-07 08:30 ]</font>

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Things should become clear later, when Willoughsby gives you a quest relating to the Boil.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Yeah, but I wonder if Willoughsby will still give him the quest while he is a gang member

4. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

I completed Arcanum without ever cleaning out the boil, but I'd like to try this time. Thing is, my character is female, so I've never talked to Willoughsby (He doesn't allow girls in his men only club after all). Is it possible to still get to do the 'quest'? If so, how?

5. Milo

Milo New Member

By the time you get to the point where you can talk to Willoughsby, he's not in the club. You'll first see him standing outside of his house, and later he'll be in his office in the City Hall.

6. Sheriff Fatman

Willoughsby has no way of knowing you're a gang member, so he'll give you the quest regardless of that.

7. loyalp

loyalp New Member

boil, boil, toil and trouble

Every time I even get near the place, I get attacked. I'm pretty sure I can take them out, but the darn city guards come running into the fray and I don't want to kill them.

Is there any way I can go in there and kick some butt without the city guards getting upset?

8. Milo

Milo New Member

That's weird. On all my games, the guards just stood there while I either kicked ass or got my ass kicked.

Try talking to them before you actually enter the boil. They should say something like "If you get into trouble, don't expect us to come help you."

9. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

you should read the disarm topic,
    and then you will see how to make the gaurds help you.
    P.s.
    where do you get the "clear the boil" quest?

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

after yoy come back from quintarra, you need to see willighbury

11. Sheriff Fatman

If I remember correctly, those bullies will only attack you if you're a relatively low level. If you go back there once you're a bit tougher they just stand around trembling.

12. Mael

Mael New Member

i dont know about the level thing, cuz they still attacked when my char was about 25 - 30 lvl

maybe its in the char race

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mael on 2001-12-08 02:39 ]</font>

13. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

14. Odi

Odi New Member

The bullies in the Boil have never attacked my characters after cranking on some levels.

As per Wilouhby, IMO he's in bed with the other gang and only wants to remove the competion, judging by Sebastion's reactions.

15. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you kill only one of the gangs as the mission goes, the other gang comes into power since the balance got broken. At least that's what I figured while taking out the other gang, and judging from the ending I was right.

17. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I always kill everything in The Boil except for Caleb. And I mean everything.

18. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

and what is the movie in the end of the game?

19. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Caleb re-vamps the bar. It's the best hotel in Tarant.

20. T'pek

T'pek New Member

I couldn't help myself and went around mass slaughtering EVERYONE in the boil before I got the quest from Willie...
    I killed everyone besides the barman, and the guy who lives in the house (I only killed the bandits).

Btw... I couldn't find Pollock in the boil. I broke into his house and slaughtered his gang but never actually saw him.

Our Host!