2 questions...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by alexchevrier, Dec 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. alexchevrier

alexchevrier New Member

I betrayed Gates before giving him the information about the dwarves... now he's not in Tarant anymore, where can I find him ? My quest isn't botched yet, so there must be a way to finish it.

Another question, can I make Virgil heal another character than mine ? They have to be almost dead before he starts healing them, mainly Magnus... maybe beacause he's more technologic...

2. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Welcome to the forum! (to Jinxed: :p )

First tell me which information?

3. HED854

HED854 New Member

Virgil won't heal magnus unless he's very very low on health (but his spells can still fail :smile:). That's because 1/ Virgil doesn't like magnus 2/ magnus is a technological npc.
    I advise u to buy as many healing kits (give'em to virgil and he will use his "neutral healing" aptitude on magnus) or the herbology healing thing (forgot its name sorry).
    For the G.Bates question, I don't know

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

In reverse order:

I don't think you can tell Virgil to heal someone else. He seems to use his judgement with any target except you, and we all know what that means.

When you look for Bates (I assume you can't really mean Gates unless you work for the DOJ) are you sure he's not just in bed? If it's before about 9.00 am, he'll be tucked up all cosy, and chucka will be parading around outside his room (probably trying to cop a peek through the keyhole).

5. alexchevrier

alexchevrier New Member

No, he isn't in his bed... I gave him the ring and accepted to go search for the dwarves... but I betrayed him before leaving for the mines (I gave his journal to the person who asked me to steal it). Now, 2 guard attack me if I try to enter his house, I tried by the other entrance (the one in the cemetery), but all the guards in the house attack me, as well as his ogre bodyguard... but I searched for him and he's not in his bed.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

screw it man reload, sorry but it's probaly easier

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I don't do that no more since I'm a mod now, and I let you guys have the fun. But If I see a newbie and have something really worthwile to say, I'll welcome him/her.

8. Spazweez

Spazweez New Member

Don't know what to do about Bates, but regarding Virgil and Magnus, I've had them both with me for a long time and I think it works a bit like this:

As Magnus has become more Tech with each level, Virgil's lesser heal spells cannot overcome his Tech rating. But, when the very Magical Virgil uses a higher level healing spell, he has a much better shot at surmounting (or at least matching) Magnus' tech (though failure is still an option). So he's saving the big magic healing guns until they'll do the most good (i.e., when Magnus is the most injured).

I think I read somewhere (fairly official?) that a high Magic foe will cause failures on lower rated Tech opponents and vice versa. But when the Magic and Tech ratings of the combatants are fairly even, then rather than canceling each other out, theywill both function fairly normally.

Clear as mud? Then just grab Jeyna in Dernholm -- li'l miss tech healer. :wink:

- spazweez

9. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I dunno, maybe you killed Bates by accident. Ive heard that if you betray Bates, that he will hide randomly in somwhere in arcanum. I dont know if this is true or not

Our Host!