Too many NCPs....

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Edythe, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Randver is the "king-in-waiting", and when you talk to him so he'll let you into Loghaire's hidey-hole, you have to have enough INT to start him telling you about Dwarven philosophy, "stone and shape". If you don't have this info when you talk to Loghaire, he won't return to his people, and he won't join you later. I think you need at least 12 or 13 INT. I can't remember.

2. Edythe

Edythe New Member

I figured out why Jormund doesn't count. I'm on another game and again he is a freebe. And I think it's because I saved his life by solving the murder. So of course he'd stick around, like the dog when you save his life. - Edythe

3. Chryssalis

Chryssalis New Member

HEy..perso who said this :

erm... If Dog + Raven + Virgil + Perriman didn't count... *checks his lvl-20-charisma character* ... I could have had... 6 + 4 = 10 followers ?¿?¿ Sounds a bit high to me, especially balance-wise (and framerate-wise, for my ol'P350).

Dog is th eonly on in that list htat doesnt count..but you DID forget robots *cringes with happiness* all i have to say. Automatons= broken as HELL. I had an anrmy of 3.. a medical arachnid and virgil and nothing could beat me. so its like 6+1+Damn near infinity=major unbalanced gameplay

4. Spazweez

Spazweez New Member

Odd... I cleared Jormund of the murder charges, but he will not join me because I'm full up on followers (Virgil, Magnus, Jeyna w/ Cha 13). So at least in that case, it seems like Jormund "counts". I wonder what would happen if I packed up my ever-present mechanical arachnid? After all, if you buy boat passage and your arachnid is walking around, you need to pay for its ticket -- but if you fold it away, it no longer counts as a passenger.

On a related note, does anyone know if Torien Ke (sp?) is a "freebie" follower or not? He wouldn't join me because I was too oriented towards good, but I was wondering if he would have also checked for number of followers. Just curious.

Thanks.

- spazweez

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

face it people the NPC system is full of BUGS! End of story!

6. potoroo

potoroo New Member

heu...sorry but as anyone think about the race ?
    Some characters may want to stay with you because you are the same race althought you have your max followers...

but may be that's stupid...sorry i'm blond ! ( <<< french famous joke ! have you got the same ?)

0:)

7. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yes, we have blond people too. We use them as paperweights :p

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

9. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

If we're going to keep bumping this topic, PLEASE change its subject.

'NCP' stands for 'National Car Parks' and in central London they are EVERYWHERE. I have literally had a conversation in the past about there being too many of them. Everytime I see the subject line of this topic, the rod up my arse wiggles alarmingly :eek:

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Hey! Me being a mod, I have to be at the index page alot. And for the past few days (it's over now) there was this fiveassmonkey guys post at the modding section. I kept looking at it all the time and laughing, but after some time it became torture. fiveassmonkey. That really knocks my funny bone.

11. Victheslic

Victheslic New Member

ill try to shed some light...

virgil i know cant not count (im not stupid) cuz on my first character (human no sig background) i did like nothing in to charisma... and i didnt really meet that many characters cuz i killed the dwarf...(actually i decided not to help him fight but he kicked the mages asses and then came after me) and i met that "good" mage in tarrant from tulla..and that was all the characters i could ever have... but on 1 of my newer characters i have bill gates... i mean gill bates servant...virgil, that dwarf, and dog but my max followers is 3... sorry for long post :smile:

Our Host!