Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Oh em gee
    Finally summer is over!!
    I couldn't stand it any longer
    Good morning.

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Today was a bad day
    Almost crushed my feet with a book shelf at work, anxiety attack afterward, then when I was on the bus on my way home not only I was in need of a bathroom but the kid next to me smelled really bad.
    What else could happen in the afternoon?
    Good morning (if it's possible....)

3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Public Service Announcement: Did you know that if you book a return airplane ticket, and then you don't show up for the outbound flight, the airline automatically cancels the return as well? If you manage to get to your destination by some other means, thinking that you can still use the return part of the ticket, and then you show up to the airport on the return ticket date, they'll be like "Nope, sorry. We've already sold your seat to someone else and are going to keep your money. Sucks to be you."

Apparently this is entirely legal behaviour and all airlines do it as standard policy. So, if you are going to miss an outbound flight, make sure you contact the airline beforehand and beg and plead with them not to give you a huge middle finger for the return flight too.

Anyway, I've been away but now I'm back.

Good morning.

4. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Terrible conduct but I can see the logic. Surely they should make some kind of effort to at least check if you still want the return flight? Airlines are such greedy bastards. My fantastic news is that both of my removal vans have been stolen overnight and as such, my business is likely to close for a while. Just what I'm after at this, very busy time of year.
    Good morning.

5. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

I'm glad you're back Smuel, and I'm sorry for Virgils Staff to hear such bad news.

Today I'm taking a short vacation, hope everything went allright

Good morning.

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Okay, Virgils Staff wins the "who has it worse right now" competition. Congrats on achieving the lofty heights of suckitude.

A friend of mine had her phone snatched recently, and the police were like "Eh, they'll have already given it a new identity so it can't be tracked. There is zero chance we'll get it back, sorry." But I expect that it would be more of a challenge to do the equivalent thing with removal vans. Are the police being any help?

Good morning.

7. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Brace yourself, Christmas is coming and we haven't yet had Halloween.

Good morning.

Our Host!