Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Since you live in Arizona and served in Afghanistan, JJ, you may understand what it's like living through 46C weather as I have this week.

Spoiler, it's fucked.

Good morning.

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

It doesn't get that hot where I was in western Afghanistan, but in Iraq I saw the outside temp gauge in the blackhawk peg out at 52C. Not fun, but I'll take 52 in the desert over 40 with humidity in Texas any day. Just stay out of direct sunlight and drink plenty of water, and the cooling effect of your sweat evaporating should keep you alive, if not very comfortable. If you have salt deposits on your clothes by the end of the day, that means it's working!

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

You wear clothes? That's hardcore.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's the one thing I appreciate about cold weather. Whilst having to scrape your windshield clear of ice in -35 centigrade has sucktitude written all over it, you can at least dress for it, or, you know, stay the fuck indoors. Heat is inescapable, and all your talk about 50 odd centigrade makes me cringe. Too much of a northern monkey to function properly in anything above 25C.

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Too hot to think so I'll just say this: I would marry you for Swedish citizenship you lucky bastard.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Just don't try to piss outdoors. With the right level of wind chill at that temperature, it will freeze to your meatus.

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Update: the wind finally changed from north to south. Back to normal.

Good morning.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Good midday. Here in my region it doesn't feel like winter yet. Today is it just plain rain and 7 centigrade. Very wishy-washy weather. Not warm, but still not near what it should be. Oh well....we had snow in March a couple of times so...it can still coming our way...a real winter.

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    ... I must have been lucky with the wind on several occasions then.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Let's see if today wants to be the sixth consecutive day to sit at 41C.

11. Jungle Japes

For anyone here who cares at all about American football: GO SEAHAWKS!

And a good evening to those who don't.

12. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Top of the morning to you (personally, I've always wondered what the bottom of the morning was).

13. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Happy new lunar year of the horse, heathens.

May the force be with us.

Good morning.

14. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I decided to buy an exercise bike yesterday. I thought about getting a gym membership but I have to commute most days now for about an hour each way and my local gyms are at least half an hour away from me so it would take too much time out of my day when I've got a project to be working on; whereas with an exercise bike it's much more convenient to fit in. Hopefully, with cutting out the only part of my diet that really has made me weighty (beer), I'll be lithe and nubile again in no time at all.

I know you were all dying to know that information about me, you're all just exceptionally good at hiding it. Good afternoon.

15. Jungle Japes

Now I can finally rest easy. No more sleepless nights wondering what Jojo is going to do about that beer belly.

Since I left active duty, I've done nothing but lose weight. Now I'm downright scrawny, somewhere in the neighborhood of 135 lbs (61 Kg, for you un-American types). That's down considerably from my all-time high of 190 lbs (86 Kg), and probably a much healthier weight for my meager height of 5'6" (167 cm). I'm sure this shrinking trend will reverse if I ever get married.

On an unrelated subject, the only app on my smartphone that has consistently survived periodic culling is a unit converter. If you don't have one installed, get one. It has been useful for everything, from aviation, to physics homework, to baking.

And finally, good morning.

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    Realising I am nearly two Japeses. Jungle Japes and Double Japes.

Good evening!

17. Jungle Japes

Seahawks got it done in very convincing fashion. I just wish the Broncos had made the game more interesting, seemed like they gave up after the first play of the game. But whatever, GO SEAHAWKS!

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I like the city of Seattle, and I do like sea hawks in general, so, yeah, yay.

Good morning.

19. KaeseEs

KaeseEs New Member

It was hovering around 10-15 F (-12 to -10 C) here for a month, finally got up above freezing, and now it's shitting snow every day. This nonsense was a lot more enjoyable before I had to drive to work daily!

"Good morning"

20. werozzi

werozzi Member

Watch your weight DE, it might be dangerous, however I'm almost half Japes, so I should watch myself too...

Salutations from the city of eternal spring, 4C min, 23C max, truly a wonderful "Winter"

Good pre-morning.

Our Host!