why is virgil here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Nov 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i was just sent to the void and i suddenly realized that virgil was still with me, in my other 3 games he left me after t'seng ang, has this happened to anyone else or is it that he's starting to fall for me which is quite understandable as i am rather rougishly goodloking :smile: teehee hee

2. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

he he..
    did you went to caladon and picked him up..
    (after you resurected him)
    because if not...
    congradulations!
    You've discovered a new bug!

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i have resurected him in other games but in this one he never left and i couldn't of found a new bug (whispers... they don't really exist, shhhh) :smile: lol

4. Gun_Snake

Gun_Snake New Member

REALLY "LOVE THIS BUGS" !, even the new patch still Got A REALLY NASTY BUGS !

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Don't worry. There'll be another patch to fix the last one.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, there's two reasons why Virgil will not leave you after T'sen Ang -

1. He is evil (because you are evil). If he's evil enough, his voice changes, etc etc etc

2. If you're good, he will only leave you if you pass a certain point in T'sen Ang. The first time I played through the game, I didn't pass the point - I just went straight to the world map after coming down from the trees. If you move out into the open, then he'll leave you. It's a simple matter of triggering a script.

7. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

if you dont want him to leave you can just tell him to wait outside(of t'sen A'ng).
    and when you finnish the T'sen a'ng quest,you tell him to rejoin.
    simple...

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

ahh, thank you jarinor, typical that it was another aussie who was too lazy to walk out of the trees before going to the world map like me

9. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

it's simplest in this way... after you have leaved tsen-ang, and virgil kissed your ass says good-bye (stript him naked good, for saving your coins), then in your random search (newspapers, notes, rumors, heck...). you will find out virgil is in celler under Sobbing Onion (Caladon). and he's dead, killed by thiefs (right?). then you can use your money to buy a scroll of bring things to alive or you can cast Resurrection on him (or there's a scroll near by?), then he tells you his true form also he's now lv.25 (use save game editor to bring him better). he's now a new virgil (Zen Virgil).

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's only partially correct flamethrower. That was pre-1074. That would happen in 1064 and 1070. In 1074 he now comes back exactly the same as he was.

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Virgil will also stay with you if you're a Master of Persuasion. Strangely enough, though, anytime after I've RESed him, if I ask him to wait and then go out of eyesight, Virgil the Dumbass is gone when I return! What the f**k?!

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Back at the crash site most likely...

13. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

heh heh... what about other followers? enough of virgil, he just know few about healing... and picklock. he's not very impressive follower to me. how about Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe? he's a good mage and it's fun to let him call fire elemental during middle of battle.

14. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The only problem with Geoffrey is that townspeople see him as a monster. They won't talk to you with him around. :sad:

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've actually only had that problem in one game. I played through the game with 1074 with Geoffrey in Dread Armour the entire time, no complaints...then again, I was and extreme personality (that background ROCKS!).

16. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Maybe it's because I'm going patchless...
    But I don't want to think of Geoffrey in Dread anyway. Raven, yes. But Geoff? YUCK!
    I wonder what would explain the reaction to Jormund in Robes? I still think it's Magickal Aptitude.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It isn't, believe me...

I took Geoffrey to level 35 or so in the normal world, then gained 6 levels in the Void, finishing the game at the lowest level I've done yet (done it four times, finished at levels 50, 44, 45 and 41), never had a problem with Geoffrey. He cracks me up all the time...

Yeah, I had the "issue" when I hadn't patched the game...get the patches, they're good :smile:.

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

at the risk of being branded stupid i can't for the life of me remember where to get apprintence training for gambling, please help an idiot.... pleeeease! :oops:

19. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

You can get apprentice training for gambling from Mr Langly, the halfing (or gnome?)standing outside the Inn at Tarant.

20. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

Our Host!