Help for #2 in Stringy Pete's Quest

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Fiona, Nov 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Ok, so I already fixed the altar so I could recieve a blessing a long time ago. Now I am at the Stringy Pete Quest and Pete won't recognize the fact that I have already fixed the altar. I have also tried talking to the priests but that got me nowhere. I don't have enough money to buy a boat and I don't have any gambling skill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

welcome to the forum Fiona!
    I did the same thing but had no problem, did you give back the treasure he talked about? and finished the cursed sword agenda too?

3. Arnica

Arnica New Member

Hi Fiona

I had the same problem, except with the scourge, which I had done earlier in the game. Because of that he wouldn't recognise that quest or the Williamson one. I ended up having to kill Stringy Pete and all his men. Be prepared for a long, hard fight though!

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Did you actually destroy the Bangellian Scourge?

5. Arnica

Arnica New Member

Yes. I had actually found it earlier in the game and sold it. Later on I realised that it was part of the Stringy Pete's quests so return to the armourer, bought it back, then went up to the Bengallian deeps and threw it in the fire. This was before I had actually received the quest. Stringy Pete wouldn't acknowledge that I had done it.

I ran into something similar in my present game. I have 0 melee skills so when I went to kill the possessed elf in the Caladon sewer I gave the blade to Thorvald and let him finish the guy off. When I went back to the police station there was no dialogue available to say that I had killed the demon. Apparently I have to kill him myself.

Our Host!