Need Help With Stringy Pete!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bekae, Oct 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bekae

Bekae New Member

Ok. I gave the treasure to Molly Williamson, got a new stone for Vooriden(did it before he asked), and burned the Bangellian Scourge(did that before he asked, too). He won't give the boat to me. Just says that all my quests aren't done. And, of course I don't have 50,000 gold to buy one! Help!

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You've probably left something out in the quests...did you give EVERYTHING to Molly Williamson?

As for the other quests, well, I know that doing the Vooriden quest before has no effect on the game, but I'm not so sure about the Bangellian Scourge quest...

3. thenightgaunt

thenightgaunt New Member

try talking to him so that all 3 quests show up specifically in you log book.

4. Bekae

Bekae New Member

Thanks

Thanks but just reading the Patch Stuff said that it will fix the problems with his quest! And Elven Hunter's bow and Ellumyn's Bow now do damage specified!!!!! YES!!!

5. Arnica

Arnica New Member

Im not sure that the patch fixes it. I'm having the same problem. I did the sword before I reached stringy pete and now I can't get him to acknowledge the quests. My only option is to kill him or go back and buy a boat.

6. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

u should rise ur gamble skill and gamble it... just save the game & gamble it, u lost during gamble match? load the game and redo it again! oh, win it back by gamble with Sour Barnacle...

according to my PCgamer guide, u should do for Pete...

Returning buried treasure to a nearby family.

go to Bangellian Deeps where you'll find the Bangellian Scourge, the sword. fight your way to sword and throw in into the furnace. resist the urge to keep it.

getting a new altar stone for city of Vooridan.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If you are evil, you should probably keep it actually...:smile:.

8. aeturnus

aeturnus New Member

The quests

You'll have to give the treasures and some silver buckle that comes together with the treasures to the willhamson i think...

9. Arnica

Arnica New Member

Unfortunately I have no gambling skills what so ever and when I tried I was refused. Decided to fight it out with Stringy Pete instead. It was a hard fight, but I got some great stuff!

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You could also have either bought the boat or done the quests...the quests give some experience, and show new places, which is good...

11. Arnica

Arnica New Member

Hi Jarinor

I couldn't complete the quest as I had thrown the sword in the fire before I received the quest.. that'll teach me for being lazy! Because of that, Stringy Pete wouldn't recognize that I had completed the Williamson quest or the sword. I have minimal haggle skill, and not enough money to purchase the boat.

I'll know better next time

12. k.Diller

k.Diller New Member

I, too am suffering from having done a stringy pete quest ahead of time. The priests at Vooriden got a nice new altar before I met him, and despite doing the other two, I can't claim in conversation to have done them all.

I notice the Williamsons quest is not crossed off, though they got all the loot.

I did wonder if Capt. Teach had picked something up, but on picking his pocket the answer is no. A real BUG I think!

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

the altar quest can be done before the stringy pete affair

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You actually get a fate point for it as well...I have never encountered problems with the Stringy Pete quests...As far as I know, latest patch fixed them up nice...

Our Host!