Bastion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Philes, Aug 19, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm not normally a big fan of indie games, as there's generally a lot of complete crap out there that you have to slog through to find anything good.

However, I recently picked up Bastion (http://supergiantgames.com) and it's probably one of the best sub $20 games I've played this year. It's like if Diablo, Dungeon Siege, and Final Fantasy all had a weird baby with 1 father/2 mothers (or the other way if you're into a Devil's Threesome).

The story is pretty cool so far, the narrator's voice is so cool it makes me question my sexuality, and it's basically just really fun. It's got an amazing weapon variety (though I personally tend to prefer the ranged stuff) and all in all I've been super impressed with it's value, a mere 15 bucks. It's on Steam, and I think you can get it on XBLA and such as well.

Figured I'd post about this somewhere since I've stayed up until 0430 my time playing the damn thing instead of sleeping.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I was perusing over its page just before actually. Perhaps I will dabble...

Edit: the more I look into it though the less I would classify it as an Indie, they had Warner Bros backing it. Must of had a bit of cash.

Double Edit: I buckled after listening to some of the soundtrack. Bought a copy and got one as a gift for a friend hmmm.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Yeah Warner Bros did publish it, but it was still developed by a small indie studio. Which is probably the best way to do it really, you get the small independent attitude directing the games, but they actually have the money to do what they want to do.

Either way, still having lots of fun with the game.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I agree, have had a great time playing it so far. I've only clocked a couple of hours though.

5. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

This game is an absolute blast. I really enjoyed playing it. And don't get me started on the soundtrack.

Our Host!