Possibly the best weapon

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Roach, Nov 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Roach

Roach New Member

Has anyone else came across the Star of Soul Bonding? As a thrown wepaon it is even better than Azrams Star although not quite as fast.

2. elrat

elrat New Member

not familiar with that...maybe you mean the arial decapitator...slow, a little short in range but doeslarge amounts of damage than azram's star...

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yeah, I saw that Star. It's from Ashroot Castle, isn't it? Or maybe some other dungeon.

It's only good if you're a magic thrower. The stasis is "randomly" targeted. Unfortunately, randomly means adjusted for magic aptitude. If your aptitude is low, you stasis yourself more than the enemy :eek:

For a tech thrower, I am convinced the best weapon is the Aerial Decapitator (a neutral weapon). It does high damage and seems to decapitate people VERY often.

Of course, if you're not concerned about XP, and have reasonable carry weight capacity, the best tech throw weapons are grenades. Concussion grenades kick arse.

4. Roach

Roach New Member

With 100% magic aptitude it inflicts stasis nearly every hit plus it takes off 3 times as much fatigue then normal damage.

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

But it's pretty weak(don't inflicts much damage)
    so why is it so good?

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

try attacking mages with it. Useless against robots.

7. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

I believe the best weapon in the game is the arcane great sword... I dont use throwing weapons... only swords and axes

actually, the best sword is the scourge sword (from stringy pete's quest) but you need to destroy it to get further in the game

I will get all of my other stats in a bit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dmonik on 2001-11-16 21:37 ]</font>

8. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

I don't think you must destroy the bengallian scourge. After all, there are other ways to get a boat. Buying or Gambling. Stringy Pete quest is just a side quest.

9. Roach

Roach New Member

Just been to the void and the stasis of the Star of Soul Bonding works against everything there except for one creature.

Basically if your magic aptitude is high enough a hit by the Star puts the creature in stasis until he is either killed or you stop attacking. Fool proof if you use turn based combat.Holds machines/undead in stasis although does not affect their fatigue.

The Bane's sword is quite good as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roach on 2001-11-17 06:57 ]</font>

10. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

The best weapon in the game is the Sword you find in the void in some cave.
    the kryggird's falchion.
    It's a little weaker(inflicts less damage)then the pyrotechnic axe(which is probably the best weapon outside the void)
    but it's much faster(2 times faster the axe)

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Pyrotechnic axe forever!

Based on it's availability (early on in game), it's massive power (30-50 fire damage isn't something to laugh at), easy ingredients (featherweight axe, you can get one off dwarf in bar at Blackroot if you're desperate - he's Molochean Hand - and 1 fuel) and the low expertise required to make it (20 smithy and no more than 10 explosives) makes it the best overall weapon in the game...It's just a little slow is all...big deal, enemies are usually dead or severely wounded after one or two hits anyway.

13. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

1.it's not magickal!
    2.I tried them both and the sword is much better...

14. Odi

Odi New Member

Kryggird's Falchion

Found in the Arayn Temple, down the side of the clifface in the Void (perhaps 3rd lvl?).

Damage: 35-50, FT: 10-20, TH: +20, Speed: 15

A decent blade for another team mate is Torian Kel's Ancestral Sword, also found in the Void.

Dmg: 10-25 (+10), FT: 1-4, TH: +10 (+21), Spd: 20.

Topside I agree, the Arcane Great Sword and Pyrotechnic Axe are only second to Stingy's Scourge blade in my brief experience with the game.

15. Demen

Demen New Member

The hammer from the iron clan, is also pretty good, though you have to be dwarf to use it hmmm

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You don't have to be a dwarf to use it do you?

17. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

hm..Odi that sword you were talking about.
    i mean the first one...

IT'S THE SAME ONE THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That would be Kyggard's Falchion - it's what pretty much everyone has been talking about.

19. Winuz

Winuz New Member

best weapon for an backstabber

i think that the filament sword for an master melee and master backstabber is the best weapon. because you never critical fail with it and you gain mayor increase of damage when you get an critical hit.

20. Chryssalis

Chryssalis New Member

Kyggards falchion is a bit stringy on the str requirements. FO r a low strengty melee person (like virgil)... i recomend the stillwater blade.or..getr this..the arcane dagger..yes..the arcane dagger... it is fast as hell and hurts bad

Our Host!