Gimme few tips for beginning of the game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by flamethrower, Nov 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Roach

Roach New Member

Give Bessie Toone's boot at the start to complete Ristzee's quest, and then sell the camera to him. The camera should get you over 1000 gold which is pretty handy at the start.

When you do end up needing the camera for the later quest you can come back and buy it as it remains in his store. You should have enough money at this stage.

2. vanderling

vanderling New Member

You give the camera to a man in Caladon(quest related to the crash). He rewards you with a med-arachnid which is damn heavy (and costs more than a poor damaged camera if you want to sell it) but quite useful and more for a mage like me that will never be able to make such a tech thing.

3. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

...You also become Master of repair when you finnish that quest.

4. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

Ok I know you have gotten an over-abundance of feedback from this post but here is what I do.

Start off as a half elf - ran away with the circus. Then put xp into intelegence untill it's 8, then put at least 1 of the xp into pickpocket. Clear out everything in shrouded hills (and make sure to kill the kite shaman cause you get like a magic chainmail and stuff) then put most of the xp into strength and beaty. Then instead of getting a *failed quest* just go to world map, and go down like 2mm and click there so you get to the magician's house and get his quest first. Then go to shrouded hills and go to ristenzze's place and advance to night, then 2 more hours. Then run in with him and pickpocket his key. Then you can go in any time and steal money from the chest at his bed(usually 1000-2000 coins.) Then get sogg (make sure you can get more than 1 follower but if you cant, just tell virgil to leave the group right near the bridge and pick up sogg for help on the bridge guards) and kill them. Then go to tarant... you do the rest.

PS. dont leave shrouded hills untill you have at least 10k (10,000 coins)

5. Cyberyder

Cyberyder New Member

The best tip i can give you is to have back stab pump up!
    with a arcane dagger, you can kill mostly anything with few hits!
    and with the pick lock, break into shopkepper's house!

Cyberyder

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

With the pyrotechnic axe you can kill almost everything with one hit...

Our Host!