Missing Virgil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sapient, Nov 14, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sapient

Sapient New Member

Ok, I have gone to Caladon seeking answers and Virgil. I went to the Sobbing Onion, as the newspaper suggests that he might go there, but he was not there. There was no one in the cellar either. I eventually checked the walkthough on this site, an it says he should be there with some thieves. All that I can find in the cellar is a resurrect scroll. Did I do something wrong somewhere?

2. Sapient

Sapient New Member

3. Milo

Milo New Member

He should be there in the basement of the Sobbing Onion. I don't know why he wouldn't be there unless it's some kind of bug.

When did he leave you? Right after T'sen-Ang?

4. Sapient

Sapient New Member

Yep, right after T'sen-Ang. I guess I don't really care if I see him again, except there may be something interesting that he knows concerning the plot. Anyway, I am off to Tulla. Weeeeeeeeee.

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I had the same problem with an empty basement.

Just thought I'd let you know :smile:

6. Odi

Odi New Member

When Virgil left, I checked on the article regarding his brother at the Hall of Records in Tarant, Then went directly back to the Sobbing Onion. As soon as I entered the basement I heard gunfire. I ran into the large room to see Virgil drawing his last breath and two or three thugs. Like the WalkThru says, there is a resurrection scroll in the chest to bring Virgil back.

There may be a bug as the previous couple games with other characters I only found an empty basement. Another possibility could be like the Mutt in Ashburry: you must go directly there on your first visit after Virgil leaves the group or he's dust.

For myself, I like Virgil because he never seems to gripe when you return fire on an NPC who is coming on the attack, plus after chasing Joachim's messages around the globe its good to finally meet Virgil's mentor. And yes, he was again a level 25 with skills adjusted; but it wasn't a problem for me.

Additionally, Virgil will resurrect you with potion or spell. In Ashbury, while on the path for Firearms Mastery, I died; however Virgil had the resurrection elixer in his pack and brought me back in time. From then on I kept one of those elixers in his pack.

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

it took me hell of a long time before I went to save virgil, (completed all the panarii quest) and the party was still waiting for me when I got there.

8. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Jinxed.
    the thing you added to your signature:
    Iyaan-na Kanji Nigecha dame da

What does it means?

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Iyaan-na Kanji- it's a feeling you get when you see something happening right in front of you and it's happening even though you want it to stop
    Nigecha dame da - musn't run away

10. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Our Host!