I think magick inclined followers are useless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Nov 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Why are magick inclined followers useless:
    1. Their magic never reaches full potential.
    2. Sometimes they dont use magic at all.
    3. They use magic at unappropriate times

What do u think?

2. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Yeah, and never check which spells they know. It'll only lead to disappointment when you realise they never cast most of them.

If I had a mate with a resurrect spell, I'd expect him to bloody well use it if I died. "Sorry, it'd tire me out a bit" isn't really much of an excuse!

4. Lonflobber

Lonflobber New Member

Yeah, but at least those with necromantic white, like virgil, will heal you. And they use fun scrolls too.

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

virgil has only once resurected me so if you need a certain spell cast your better off learning and casting it yourself than hoping that they'll do it and then have virgil spend all his st points on trying to heal magnus and failing untill he collapses

6. Milo

Milo New Member

HALLELUJAH!!! That's the thing that pisses me off the most about my followers. They would be worth keeping around no matter how lame they are at combat, no matter how useless their spells, no matter how much they whine.

IF I DIE, THEN RESURRECT ME YOU FUCKER!

Damn, I want to shake Virgil. I spend (or would have if I hadn't stolen it, but that's not the point) something like 3000-4000 dollars for a resurrect scroll. I put it in Virgil's inventory. I die. Game Over. Thanks, Virgil. Good job flailing your staff at the monster while I lay in a pool of blood at your feet. You know me? The one who you pledged to defend? THE REINCARNATION OF NASRUDIN?! THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD?!

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

when I had the reanimator thingy, bought at the herb shops, sogg always managed to keep me alive, guess he needed a partner at mead

8. Roach

Roach New Member

I must agree with the resurrection not being cast by followers, that really sucks. However when I fought the anti-paladin, Zan Al'Urin summoned an elemental and turned herself into one which saved me from a good beating.

Our Host!