For those who dun mind cheating and know how to Hex Edit.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by BFG 9000, Oct 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BFG 9000

BFG 9000 New Member

Here's how to get a glimpse of that elusive item u have been wondering about. Eg Aerial decapitator.

Undat arcanum3.dat using the undat utility in terra Hack & Mods Section. Look for the file description.mes

Find the item code for the item u are looking for, eg 8671 for Aerial Decapitator, and another item u can buy from shopkeepers. I will choose steel, since it is not so commonly found in the wild in chests.

Now get the shopkeeper hack, and change one of the trader to sell exclusively 20-30 pieces of that item eg steel. Wait for his inventory to be refreshed and then buy 20-30 of that item. Eg I will hack theElven trader in Ashbury to sell only Steel, and buy 30 pieces of steel from him.

Then go somewhere with a empty chest to use eg the Cave at Crash Site. Clear out all other items in the chest and dump in your your 20-30 pieces of steel. Save, eg to your AutoSave.

Make a backup Save too !! (Very important)

Now close the game and hex edit your Autosave. Its filename is sthg like SlotAuto.tfaf

Look for a string containing exclusively the items u had dump in the chest, eg if I had dump 20-30 Dorch warbringers I will be looking for a string of 8673. Eg if it is 8673, converted to hex, its E1 21. So I will be looking for E1 21 E1 21 or E1 21 00 E1 21 or E1 21 00 00 E1 21.

Now, change the item to whichever items u like using the item codes list in description.mes

And u can hopefully see your fav item in the chest, next time u start the game. :p

Ha Ha Ha ............. Seriously try it for fun only. It unbalances the game. What fun is it if u can start with 5 Autogunners early in the game ?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Why not just edit it through the world editor?

3. Leto Atreides II

Leto Atreides II New Member

Um, I don't think you can edit an existing game with the World Editor (only new maps).

Oh, and BFG, did you get those automaton gunners to work (i.e., shoot guns)? Mine turned out exactly like regular automatons.

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. BFG 9000

BFG 9000 New Member

Automaton Gunners and such

Yup, mine also turn out to be the same as automatons. I made one using schematics and one from buying it. (Btw, I used the inventory hack and tweak it a little. Now the junk dealer sells Azram Star, Aerial decapitator, Vivifier, Dorch Warbringer, Automaton Gunner, Vendigorthan War Gaunlets, Miracle Cure, Necromizers etc)

Using the inventory hack seem so much simpler. And actually it was only after using the inventory hack to get the aerial decapitator that i realised I had found it before, during one of those late nights when I was gaming. All along I thot such the Aerial decapitator never existed in the game. And forgotten I had found it once. :p

Btw, u tried the rest ? I had hacked a levered machine gun, a bellringer, clockwork physician (weight 1000 stones, damn heavy), void sword and balanced boomerang. Still looking for the codes for the Krygian Falchion and Cassie Amulet.

6. Lonflobber

Lonflobber New Member

Yeah, whats up with the automaton gunner not working? not only does it not work, a major dissapointment in itself, but it also steals your elephant gun!

Our Host!