Summoned creatures

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sapient, Nov 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sapient

Sapient New Member

Why is it that when I summon two creatures, using spells like hellgate, the second one does nothing. My first demon will engage anything I tell it to, but the second will just stand on the spot where he was summoned.

Also, did I miss the master quest for magick schools? I have left the Dark Elves and am back in Caladon, but have seen no one that will help me become a master of magick. Are those quests still coming, or did I miss something important. I get the feeling that I am getting close to the end of the main plot.

2. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Warning!Spoiler ahead!

You can get master magicks quest in Tulla later.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

How do you become a master in magic? Or an apprentice for that matter??? I didn't know you could TRAIN for magic??....help

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Do you want to be spoiled? Then don't read this.

Go to Tulla and talk to the master mages there. If you are level 5 in your college of magick, you can master it. There's no apprentice or expert here. Just masters. They'll give you a quest. You can only master 1 college of magick.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

You can master any college of magic that you choose? Also, how does mastering a specific college of magic help you? And before everybody jumps on me, I don't remember reading about this in the manual....

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Don't worry about asking questions. The majority (like damn near everyone except for one notable exception) won't jump on your back.

Anyway, mastering a college of magic lets you cast spells from that college at 1/2 price. So if a spell costs 10 fatigue normally, it'll only cost 5 if you're a master.

7. Sapient

Sapient New Member

Thanks to all. But no one knows why my second summoned follower just stands there and won't do anything I tell it to?

I am going to assume from the nature of the responces that Tulla becomes known to the character later than where I am in the game. But does mastery of a college cut the upkeep cost of a spell in half, or just the casting cost?

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Just the casting cost is halved. The upkeep stays the same.

Regarding your first question, sorry, I don't know.

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

It won't do anything unless you tell him to do some killing, sort of. Unless someone hits you, he'll just stay there and watch your other followers do the battle. Its purpose is to protect you. If you cast spell on others or hit them, it'll try to hit them too.

10. elrat

elrat New Member

did you try f2 key (i think), the short cut for attack?

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Who needs a demon when you have a dog?

12. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

Do anyone know If the familiar changes if you resummon it when you have a higher alpitude then you had when you summoned it first. I never used anyone else then the slasher

13. Sapient

Sapient New Member

Thanks. The problem is that my second summoned creature won't do anything no matter what I do. It won't take orders. It won't defend me. It just stands there. I does go away when I get annoyed enough to cancel the spell.

14. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Our Host!