AI editable in dat files as mes?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by symban, Apr 12, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

Just wanted to confirm that it is not possible to edit the AI for followers (after playing dragonage again I couldn't resist the hatred for the AI of Geoffrey).

It is obvious that there is some sort of AI for each follower and it is pretty based on conditions too (like the tactics tab of DAge). because whenever a combat starts almost all my chars are rushing in while Vollinger almost always runs away! (even in cases where he is in melee weapon). Also heal/poison cure AIs, running away when an ally falls, moving to a obstacle-less position for range attackers, Virgil not attempting to heal high TA chars (other than PC) etc.

If somehow it is editable I would like to create some good AI for my followers to get the best pleasure from Arcanum.

2. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

I somehow doubt anyone can do anything to the AI, or they would have done so long ago. Most likely, it is hardcoded, just like most of the rest of the game. Drog or someone else have to confirm this, though.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The game supports basic AI packages, e.g. if the NPC prefers close or ranged combat, the chance of fleeing and such. See rules/ai_params.mes.

4. symban

symban New Member

thanks alot Drog! I will check it out when I have some time, if hopefully I can make something good out of it, I will post it.

Our Host!