Exact Romantical Stats For One Mindy Gourd

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by NotDedYet, Mar 22, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

Ahoy there! What are the EXACT romance stats and situational modifiers needed to get randy with Mindy Gourd, or possibly the dark haired nancy with all the pomp. Bird lady... Raven is her name.

Yes, I've searched the forums, via google and search function. I just forget m'old account here, so never you mind about that. The old arcanum sites from yester year used to have what was needed all laid out by eager beavers but unfortunately, no more.

Like exact beauty? I recall it vaguely saying the basics of 10 beauty, elf, half elf or human. That's about all I recall. Like all stats, skills, whathave yous at their necessary minimum levels.

I'd still like a viable nogoodnick who can wile way the womenfolk without sacrificing some of the more hilarious situational abuse of spells and/or skills/tech trees. Life's a comedy and rpgin' ain't no different.

Update : Was there ever a portrait for Randy Gorgeous? Or was she simply a faceless broad destined to color your shoes red? In other words did Min Gorad have a portrait at all? I am not there yet because I just fired up the game again and am quite indecisive at the moment to be able to slice and dice her and check her face via ressurrect and dominate.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No custom portrait, no. Only recruitable NPCs have those.

What was your primary nick?

3. symban

symban New Member

actually I found out that all elves I had dominated or hypnotized had a portrait (the very first portrait you see when creating an elven char male/female) So I would assume she would have the same.

About hanging out with her, I remember my elven char with no additional BE stat (1 from racial 1 from blessing, total 10) but 20 CHA and master persuasion and 100 MA had nice time with her ending with a wrong going dialog afterwards which lead to bloodshed and a shrink spell! He was also good in reputation.

My late human tech (100 TA) however again with 20 CHA and master persuasion but 9 BE total(1 from blessing) could not even had the chance to access that dialog option.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed, which is why I said custom portrait, as opposed to the default one.

5. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

I am not sure what my primary nick is on here but I'm pretty sure I do know the email for it.

Off note - Was this the same website that was a side project of one of the Inn members or was that something entirely different? I recall being linked to something back then resembling this namesake and they had said it was a compilation of guides and game data to put it in one place. At the time I believe it was a one man project.

On Topic - Ergh, Master Persuasion eh? I always loathed wasting points on that because I felt like it was cheating.

6. symban

symban New Member

[​IMG]

On a second thought I remembered the cover of Arcanum.

Images are from the Arcanum world AND from the plot.
    The train, dwarven tech, mage are from the world.
    However the Blimp is from plot as we were on the only blimp in Arcanum. And I assume the forest is either Morbidian Forest being cut down in fires, or Glimmering Forest near Tsen Ang, or from a scene in Age of Legends where one of the banished is tainting the land.

But what about that elven lady with angry brows? and why is she that dominant in the cover. Dont you also think she is Min Gorad?

there you go, the possible portrait of the lady you want to get laid with *wicked blink*

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I always interpreted that as M'in Gorad myself. Odd that she should dominate the cover as her role in the plot is relatively small, but it sure is a striking portrait.

8. symban

symban New Member

Agreed. A hooded Kerghan figure would be much more fitting to be the dominant figure in cover.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I always considered it an example of the Grand Theft Auto Syndrome, aka "So this chick isn't even a character in the game but let's put her on the cover anyway because chicks are rad and attract attention, or something".

This particular elf being M'in Gorad? I don't know, she looks fairly young while M'in Gorad is 680 years old which would be the equivalent of 68 human years, stage of life considered.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Am I the only one curious as to what the castle is doing there?

11. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I've always been more intrigued by the shadowy figure running through the burning woods. Is he human? Is he an ogre? Does he have a knife for a hand? Whom is he chasing? From whom is he running?

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I remember a woman from the Sierra forums claiming she worked for Troika and the artist made the elven chick on the cover similar to her. Perhaps the discussion is still present somewhere on archive.org.

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The most intriguing part of the cover: the shoes on that mage. Seriously, just look at how wild they are.

~ A bigger pic to contemplate them in all their glory ~

Considering those drainage pipes and chimneys it can be a factory rather than a castle.

As for the woods, I think they are just lightened by evening sunlight rather than burning.

As for the running man, he seems to have the only flail in Arcanum. I'd say an armed man covered in shadow chasing someone symbolizes the Molochean Hand and how there are after you. Everywhere. Always. Even when you're taking a gentleman's poop in the woods.

As for the other people on the cover, why assume that the elven lady has an identity as an individual when the dwarf technologist and the human mage clearly do not? All three are probably there just to symbolize the main forces in Arcanum: firstly magick & technology and secondly humans, dwarves & elves. The elf may be the biggest because as a race their role is greatest in the lore and plot. That or the artist just liked elven chicks and/or the gal Frigo mentioned.

14. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I always hated that dwarf, he looks like his neck is about to snap.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

At first before I played the game the cover looked like the mage had tech as well. I was thinking whoa techno-mage. I assumed the castle was bates' mansion and the chick was just some random elf to make the cover sexy.

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    To be fair, most fantasy elves don't really show signs of aging, looking young until they're about to die.

17. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

So they're like Asian women?

[​IMG]

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    So... obtain Asian wife, get a new one before menopause kicks in. Right.

Our Host!