fixed machined plate script

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Shiozaki, Mar 21, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shiozaki

Shiozaki New Member

My first run i want to play with just the official patch, but playing as a techie the +3 str bonus im not going to get is bugging me, how can i fix this one thing?

I extracted drogs patches .exe thinking i could just install that one fix, but im lost, meh.

Hekl please.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Why would you not want to install the UAP?

Just curious.

3. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

Drog, depending on what was added some people do not wish to change the original experience beyond bug fixes. Some UAP's will add things like balance issues that weren't necessarily a bug thing.

I tend to be like that and prefer to have the game as is without original content modified. Or at least have the ability to turn off "extra" content.

For me the only real issues with the game that the official patch didn't fix or was intended to be fixed was the insanity of encumberance, lack of stacking, and general inventory management.

It would also be nice if there were less focus on summoning spells but if it's going to hurt gameplay I can do without. I felt the amount of summoning spells outside the summoning tree and necro wasn't really appropriate and overkill.

...however assassinating people with angry grizzlies released from their spells was truly genius, unintentional or otherwise.

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

There are no balance changes in the UAP. No fan created content either. There are pretty much only bug fixes and some minor restorations (stuff that wasn't showing up due to one bug or another). It can also unlock some cut/unfinished content, but that's optional.

Anyway, the vanilla game is extremely buggy, I personally wouldn't want to play it again. Hope you don't find the sword that permanently lowers your DX every time you equip it.

5. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

6. Shiozaki

Shiozaki New Member

Well normally i will go through a game with only the official patches installed just to get a feel for the game and because i enjoy exploiting things which i feel aren't really bugs but unattended game mechanics that end up being fixed in patches such as your whitch if one wanted to could abuse to give one an edge.

( I do thank you for all your work on it btw)

Things like using the dark helm repeatedly to boost you magical aptitude, using them shield spells to make summoned creatures permanent.

Honestly things like those dont really hurt the game as only someone who knows about them is going to use them and can choose not to.

The only reason i play KoToR anymore after having beating it a hundred times is because i can glitch the lvl up system, same principle really.

Bugs that crash my game and break quests are bad, things that i can do every now and again to amuse myself are good, im just happy you didnt fix the money transfer glitch. heh

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I still haven't played with the UAP. Game doesn't feel broken to me.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You should have played the Polish version. Guardian Ogre summoned humans in boxers.

9. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

I'm not seeing the bug in that?

10. rychek

rychek New Member

I have played without the UAP and on that note i would like to take the time to say mother fricken THANK YOU DROG.

I appreciate the lengths you went to in saving Arcanum.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I take it you're playing a localised version of Arcanum, then.

Bugged Ogre Destroyers in non-English Arcanum:

[​IMG]

Correct Ogre Destroyers in English Arcanum:

[​IMG]

Our Host!