The orc rebellion succeeds!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by hal900x, Mar 11, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. hal900x

hal900x New Member

Hey all, I've been mucking about with the Throgg quest. I have zero persuasion and 8 chr, so my options tend to be limited. It was surrender or fight, so I chose fight. The orcs are successful, but iirc they are supposed to just hang out in front after that. This time, they are rampaging through Tarant, killing everyone! I mean not just guards, everyone. Every single npc in Tarant is now hostile and attacks me on sight. Kind of cool, actually, Very much in keeping with the theme of open, violent rebellion. But...is this normal? If not, then that's the last straw and it's time to reinstall and start clean.

2. Xyle

Xyle Member

Look at your reputations in the Journal.

3. hal900x

hal900x New Member

Arcanum never ceases to amaze me. In 10 years of playing it on and off, I just never bumped into that one. I guess because I almost always roll with some Persuasion. What a great friggin game.

4. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

It's normal. But you may be in trouble, depending on whether or not you need to talk to people in Tarant about quest-related stuff.

Like Xyle said, you get a new reputation in your log book that warns you about what to expect.

I tried that option for the first time with a Raised by Orcs half-orc fighter/mage... and, indeed, it was awesome until I wimped out and went back to a previous save because I wasn't sure if I could still do a couple of quests.

Presumably, you can still find the location for T'sen Ang and stop the Whytechurch murderer even if you have to kill the people who have the clues you need. But I didn't want to risk the game being "broken" at that point due to not being able to do much in Caladon or Tarant.

If only I had gotten more stuff done before the anarchists took over the factory, I might have stuck with the sudden huge plot twist. It seemed really in character after all the verbal abuse I got from NPCs and yes... it's fun doing things like looting the dead guards for weapons and fighting everyone who sees you on the streets like you're suddenly playing Bayou Billy or something.

5. hal900x

hal900x New Member

I'm RPing this time through, so I'm just gonna deal with it. If they put it in there, then there must be a way to complete the main quest. Plus, I had already completed most of the Tarant quests. I am curious how Caladon will be revealed, though.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Find the book on the body of the librarian to find Caladon. You may need to catch a ship from Blackroot to get there.

and practice stealth, you're going to need it. The orc rebellion is a great bit of colour. Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!

7. hal900x

hal900x New Member

I don't have stealth this playthough. So I have to hack through walls of flesh!

Our Host!