Mage armour

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by k.Diller, Nov 12, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. k.Diller

k.Diller New Member

Can mages wear armour and still cast spells? There may be classes of armour, such as leather, or arcane chainmail that are O.K. I hope so, because at the minute a puff of wind could blow my mage away, never mind a rabid rat...

And I did read the manual! And I searched the database, before you guys jump on me from a great height!

2. Dancing Lemon

Dancing Lemon New Member

Yes a mage can wear any armor and cast spells. For some reason Arcane Leather is better than Arcane Plate so just wear that or one of those high resistances to elements etc robes.

3. exhile

exhile New Member

arcane robe is good too...

i didn't know the a. leather was better than a. plate...interesting...

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

For non-combatants (ie getting up close and personal) get the best light armour you can get - arcane leather, dragon skin leather, etc.

Otherwise get the most DR armour you can find :smile:.

5. Odi

Odi New Member

The problem I had with a mage was the obvious weight restrictions, consequently I have been training my characters to become masters in repair skill. The last mage I played was master in: Repair, Dodge, and bow, with maxed training in Force, Conveyance, and Necro Dark.

To save 6 skill points I used the IQ potions to acquire "master status". I also completed the First Circle God Quest and equipped a charged ring and DX gloves. This seemed to work better than completing God Quests 1, 2, and 3. (Plus, 3 followers got in my way quite enough)

Back to the main topic, with Repair skill trained up I was never without decent armor and weapon. I could then take advantage of using lighter armor for my mage. Attempting to carry spare armor (spare weap always though) takes up too much valuable space.

Our Host!