What Games Do You Play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Oct 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

So, I'll be honest. I haven't played Arcanum in like 2-3 years. I haven't done much gaming at all since I started my IT job. Last night I booted up Titan's Quest, and picked up where I'd left off. I'm quite enjoying it, and am going to try and beat the game (and expansion) again.

What're all of you playing, if anything, and when was the last time you played Arcanum?

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The last time I played Arcanum, as in, really played rather then started it up for 15min, was too damn long ago.

I've recently picked up Homeworld, back where I left off. I finished the first game and recently got about 70% through Homeworld:Cataclysm. This game is quite awesome, if a bit of a time hog. I'm really impressed by how much actually depends on the player, things like formations and attack patterns really matter here. This is the first RTS I've played where it is massively advantageous to attack the enemy from behind or above, or two directions at once.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The last time I played anything, it was Arcanum. I ended that run in the boil, where I was quickly overcome. Regardless of stat values, if you're only level 3, there's a very, very small chance that you'll kill anything in there, in real time.
    When I'm not playing Arcanum, I play KOTOR. The story's well put together, and I enjoy being able to plan encounters before they pan out. I also enjoy the dialogue options, though I've played through the game so much that I hardly have to read anything. The only thing I don't like about KOTOR is that it doesn't have the same quantity of items that can be made on a work bench as KOTOR 2, but, that's forgivable, seeing as I'm comparing a game to its own sequel.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Apart from Starcraft 2, I still fire up Arcanum occasionally, and I also grind myself to ever higher echelons of fame and glory in Mount and Blade every now and then. Should probably get around finishing Dragon Age too.

5. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Last time I played Arcanum was in August. I'm playing Pokemon SoulSilver and Planescape: Torment right now.

6. P0rtakalsuyu

P0rtakalsuyu New Member

Currently playing Arcanum and Commandos behind enemy lines. Last time I played Commandos was probably 3 years ago, in those years it was extremely hard for me but now I enjoy it.

7. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Arcanum, Dragon Age and way too much Starcraft.

Would be nice to play again with X-Com, PsT and Arx Fatalis sometimes.

8. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Civilization V, Medieval II: Total War Grand Campaign Mod. Occasional Pokemon HeartGold.

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Arcanum, Arcanum and Arcanum.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Last proper Arcanum game was two months ago. Been juggling my precious time between Starcraft 2, Civilization V and Fallout: New Vegas. Although Fallout has been getting the favourite child treatment at the moment. Oddly enough it makes me want to play Fallout 2 again.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about creating the land of Arcanum in Minecraft? Or even something like Qintarra?

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I'd be afraid that just as I place the final block some little penis monster is gonna come up behind me and say nice housssssssssssssssssssssssssss...... KA BOOM!

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Poor fella, sounds like my sort of action.

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

If the paradox thread is any indication I do love a good troll every now and again. Still need to finish all my uni assignments for this semester and complete 2 more playthroughs of FO:NV.

15. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Team Fortress 2, all the time
    Fallout: New Vegas, since it came out
    Arcanum
    Minecraft

I did my share. No hacks. Long ago.

[​IMG]

16. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

I mostly play Heroes of Newerth, Mount and Blade Warbands: 1257 Mod, League of Legends (Shame on me) and I'll soo start up my first go on Planescape: Torment.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Currently playing Arcanum, as usual, finally trying out A:WIP this time while I'm at it. I'm also in the middle of completing the Heroes Chronicles campaigns. I have a game in Fallout 3, but it has been weeks since I last played it and it is somehow hard to find the motivation to return to it.

Other than that, I'm in the mood for reinstalling Jedi Academy and having some fun with a dual saber wielding chick.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's something I haven't done in a while. Never was I more happy with the Quake 3 engine.

19. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I recently started Titan Quest. I also finished New Vegas a while ago. Oh, and the new Sims expansion.

And soon Black Ops will be out, gotta buy that.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Our Host!