About leaving characters...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fantasymick, Nov 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wasn't that a bug though? I mean, when Virgil left at the DE's, wasn't it a bug or something (that's been fixed with 1074) that his level got reset and new items and whatnot?

That pissed me off when it happened. He had good stuff, and got set to level 25, when he had been in the 30's. I just left him there.

Here's another question for you - why does Elder Joachim have a leveling scheme when you only speak to/see him once?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Spoily?

I thought it was part of a quest or something because he was found dead at the Sobbing Onions, right? And then he became Zen Virgil.

3. farknl

farknl New Member

Jinxed…r u saying if u ask someone to leave, the game sometimes keeps track of them and shares your XP with them? Could explain the progressive lag I've been experiencing!

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

no, I said the system is xp. per hit, so if yer follwers do the hitting you don't get anything you only get the kill. the bug is that sometimes when you tell followers to wait, they dissapear (get eaten by wolves or something) like the infamous Sogg mead mug bug.

5. farknl

farknl New Member

Sounds like the "car disappearing" bug in Fallout 2. Did they change the game engine much I wonder. Looks like they just made the game area bigger (slower) and patched on the light effect (I don't know about you, but I have to sell every electric light I make…has the same effect as max encumberance)

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

What is this Sogg Mead Mug bug you're talking about, Jinxed?

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't like Sogg Mead Mug much...when he died to the were rat in Tarant, I said "Screw it. Didn't like you anyway", went off and got someone else as a follower.

Our Host!