Dead party member lost?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Beazereau, Jul 26, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Beazereau

Beazereau New Member

Hello all, maybe somebody here can help me out?

Thing is, I was doing Stringy Pete's quest, dug up the treasure, gave the items to Magnus to carry and then without me realizing it he died and I didn't have anything to resurrect him on me. So I went to buy some resurrection, but when I got back, his body was gone.

Is there any way to resurrect dead party members 'Baldurs Gate style' as in going to a temple or so?

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

3. Beazereau

Beazereau New Member

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

No such mods exist.

Once a character's body disappears, they're forever gone, erased from your save file.

5. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

I don't think there is one. The game deleted Magnus' body....once that is done, there really isn't a way to get him back that I'm aware of. My only other guess is some sort of save game editor? Maybe hex your save-game and enter Magnus' info in there? If one were to resurrect Magnus via game code and tell the game to teleport him to his start location perhaps that would theoretically work. Perhaps you could examine a save-game in which Magnus is your follower and then copy over code from that into your current save-game? Again, I have absolutely no idea how that would be accomplished or what to look for via hex editor.

6. Beazereau

Beazereau New Member

Fuck, guess I'll be fighting Pete after all..

7. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

Does anyone have the save files figured out that well with a hex editor. If so then you can simply start a new game, get Magnus on your team, save the file, then copy and paste the segment of hexadecimal code into your other save file. The trouble being to isolate all of the save file you need to get Magnus back without screwing up the save file. This would have a high probability of corrupting the file so I would definitely make a copy.

All I know that can help you out with that strategy is that the main character code is at the bottom of the file, the inventory data is kept just before the character sheet data. That is about all I know that can be of use. I don't know yet what all the data is after the character sheet data but there is a lot there.

8. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

A save game file is actually just a container. It contains .mob files (the PC is also a .mob), various map info, etc. The format is pretty straightforward, so you can easily write a tool for decompiling/compiling the saves.

9. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

I had always been opening them with a hex-editor. Is there a better way to open them in order to make editing more easy. I know there is the character editor that will do most things for me but every once in a while I have issues with that.

Our Host!