Any computer smart people out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yzin, Nov 9, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yzin

Yzin New Member

Ok I messed up big..Doing the part where your go to P shuyler and sons I got the wire saying that I needed to talk to bates...Read it, and threw it to the ground...anyways i went to go try to talk to him and all the possible routes are not open cause Supposedly i dont know who Im supposed to go to...so im going to try and use a character editor to put the telegraph into my inventory and read it again so i can advance...would hate to lose all the work I put in on my charactor cause of a stupid mistake...I downloaded the Editor on this site made by Dkoep but I get a missing DLL error..the name of the Error is MSVBM60.DLL any idea where i can get this file or fix this problem? Please help! :smile:

2. Alfred

Alfred New Member

Is that file a part of the editor after the editor was unzipped? When I downloaded/unzipped the editor I put the whole thing in my "junk" directory. Then I ran it from there. What version of Windows are you using? I also have heard that the editor does not work under Windows XP. I just got a new system with XP and Arcanum runs great, have not tried the editor yet. Lastly, don't know if the editor you are talking about is the version that I have, but if it is, then it does not have item editing (at least the version that I have doesn't).

3. William Walker

William Walker New Member

You can download this library here and the save it into your windows/system directory

...but to your problem:
    what about returning to place where you throw note away or maybe check inventories of your followers...they always pick up useless things :smile:

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Or you can just start over...you haven't done that much...

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But you don't need the paper anymore

after you read it. Just go to the human guard in front Bates' mansion gate ask him to see Bates, he'll give you a quest and there you're all set to see Bates.

Our Host!