Fave character to play in demo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mammothbaby, May 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Hehehe will I get alot of supplies then? Cuz bullets will be a need :grin:

2. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Well forget about bullets and arrows, grab Virgil and Sogg and go for melee and dodge (I don't know about you but I made health and fatigue restorations, trust me you gonna needed and lots of it)

3. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Chris Beddoes likes spamming messages boards with stats, doesn't he....

4. Anolis

Anolis New Member

Well, if you know the first level Herbology you can get a small fortune in selling the healing salves to the merchants. It also could be me, but I now get lower prices on my salves, then again for some reason bullets also cost 5 gold more than usual and I haven't done any thieving. Dunno if it's some market economy or hiccup in the game, but if prices start to go up and my sales go down like that so early in the game I wonder how long I can turn a good profit in the full game. As for fave chars though, my Dwarf Gunsling/Technologist works pretty darn well, except for that recent set-back (5 more gold per bullet really hurts), and my Elven Mages make decent Necromancers and Fighters. Try the first level Force spell, Shield of something-or-other I think. A couple of elemental spells like fire of agility, earth of strength, that stone hands spell, etc. and you're off to a good start.

---------------------------------------------
    - Anolis, "More often than not though, some of my favorite mages have been supporting Virgil with Shield, Boosts, and cures making for a brutal combo."

5. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

one of the good ones for money making is the explosives schems for example if you make smoke grens....you get 5 grens from one bag of sugar an one fertiliser....an you can sell each one for about 370 GP's

6. Silverforce

Silverforce New Member

How does one walk near tarrant? the demo for me ends when i cross the bridge and that gnome starts to fight..

so far, ive gone in all directions and hit rivers or mountains and cannot go any further. Im thinking the spell body of water could be used.. but that lvl is too high for me.

7. Spook

Spook New Member

You run upp the river to its end and head east for awile. This WILL take some time.

You can now move around the map, but no other places is included in the demo. You can take quite a few levels though by fighting random encounters.

8. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

9. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

You can get most of the way by using the waypoints on the map......an then its about another 10-15 mins walking

10. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

yeah but some of those encounters are a pain in the neck, especially with my fine revolver at levl 4 firearms skill

11. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

you wont get any bullets up there either, just random enqounters, many with artless monsters.

12. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

13. gogmagog2001

gogmagog2001 New Member

I'm going to play a Frankenstein's monster force mage. Shoot lightning out of my neck bolts.
    Then an escaped lunatic, I'll call him Minsc ^^

14. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Its a pain in the neck however to get BACK into town

15. Silverforce

Silverforce New Member

I hate to think Troika did all that effort for a persistant continuing world.. its BLOODY HUGE!!!

Sure its good and nice to know you are in a realistic world and can travel to any destination by foot and explore the unknown.. but damnit man, ITS BLOODY HUGE!! Unless the areas are covered with wildlife/villages/towns/monsters.. then why would anyone be interested to go exploring.. maybe except for a one time curiosity thing. "is the world flat or round?" kinda curiosity.. :smile:

16. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I bet that they will include more random towns and stuff in the world map

More worth while

17. Aldin

Aldin New Member

That's my bet too. I was kinda hopeing that someone would find a secret town only in the demo or something, but so far - nothing :sad:

18. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Nah probably not in the demo, not enough space and all

19. Borghal

Borghal New Member

Though I didn't think he fulfilled his potential in the demo, I'm most looking forward to bringing back my human character Ned Ludd for the full game. He has a skill set that would normally be described as 'diplomatic', but that seems to imply a nonviolent approach. Perhaps the term 'rabble-rouser' would be more appropriate.

Those accursed technologists will be crushed beneath the heels of my loyal followers, while I dispense lightning bolts and maniacal laughter from the sidelines.

20. Zen

Zen New Member

I currently have two characters in play;
    Godfrey F. Loinstroke - a human exmilitary gunslinger.
    Merrin Bushlick - a dwarven techie.

It`s not been long since I got hold of the demo so I haven`t got around to really define their attributes yet.

The character I think I`ll go with in the game will have to be a snappy, resourcful and versatile ladiesman. Kinda like, as I`ve said several times before, Bruce Campbells Ash from the Army of darkness movie..He`s rewal cool!!

- Zen

Our Host!