Save Game Editor Stoped working at Level 7

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by monnie101@yahoo.com, Nov 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. monnie101@yahoo.com

monnie101@yahoo.com New Member

I was using the save game editor 7 to raise up my character points just so I could get a little jump. It was working great. Then I got the newer version 8 also works great until...
    I got upto the part in Tyrant where you go to talk to P. Schyler & Sons & then I tried to use the editor to give myself some more character points to get some more spells & up my melee & I noticed that when after I opend my save file that the info was barely correct but I sstill tried to add myself some points but it wouldn't work. (Yes I was on the correct save game file) I tried going back to version 7 of the editor & got the same result! I then remebered reading the readme file & it said that the creator made it with the Arcanum DEMO but that he tested it on the full version & it still worked so I thought hmmm I'll try to start a new game & see if I can edit a new game. I started a new game beginning at shrouded hills. As soon as a loaded the save game file bungo! All info was correct & I could edit everything! So I ask now does the Save Game Editor only work for the beginning of the game?

2. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

The editor works throughout the whole game. Something must have changed when during your last save in the game. To be absolutely sure of what I would need to see the save though.

3. monnie101@yahoo.com

That's what I thought, that there must be something that changed, maybe an error occured when I installed the new editor 8 over the version 7.
    I'd reinstall Arcanum but I don't want to lose my saved game. Some games leave the saved games behind after uninstaling but I don't know if Arcanum does that. Does anyone know witch file to backup thjat has the saves in it?

4. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

I do not believe the error occured in when you copied over the old editor. Personally I think it is just something Arcanum did to your save. Could you tell the size of the tfaf file as sometimes Arcanum creates small tfaf files which my editor cannot edit. I was thinking this is what could have happened to you.

5. monnie101@yahoo.com

The save file that I can no longer edit that is in Tyrarant has 1 matching .tfaf file (1.04mb)
    and a matching .tfai file (3kb)

But the save file that I made with a new game as a test does work & it also has all those files.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monnie101@yahoo.com on 2001-11-05 08:08 ]</font>

6. monnie101@yahoo.com

Funny thing the Editor has begun working again now that I'm I've reached Level 9 so I finally changed my -20 bad alignment to good so that magnus is apart of my team & now I've been reformed I'm a good mage Thief now well at least I stopped the killing.
    Wounder what I missed, he wasn't with me during the killing of the schylers & the visit to Bates mansion.
    I still can't adjust any game saves that are on Level 6-8 oh well...

Our Host!