Shopkeeper Inventory Vanishing

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Triple Seven, Oct 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Triple Seven

Triple Seven New Member

Sorry if this has been asked, as I suspect it has, but I couldn't seem to find any mention of my problem VIA searching.

Long story short, I'm running the latest version of WIP and the inventory of certain shopkeepers keeps vanishing on me and never returning. Thus far it has happened with the Wise Woman outside Shrouded Hills and the Large Armor dealer in Tarant. Both of these I had previously sold alot of items to, so I wonder if that might have to do with it.
    I read a problem someone posted about no new stock arriving, though in this case, not only is no new stock arriving after months, but everything I have sold them, plus all their original stock, is gone. I have tried reloading, leaving the map, and letting time pass, to no avail. Any help as to what causes this most annoying bug would be appreciated, thanks.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the forum Triple Seven!

OK, this has happened to a few other people and it's an install glitch. In this case, the Arcanum5.dat isn't communicating fully with the game engine.

If you have a save made prior to the glitch appearing, double-click the Drog'sCleanCache.bat and try the merchants again with the old save.

If you can't fall back onto an earlier save, you'll need to do a fresh reinstall to get away from the problem. Sorry.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Is.....is that an arcane staff in that welcome smiley?

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

or are you just happy to see me?

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It looks more like a Mage Staff to me.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No, still not it.
    Who will save the day?
    Uhm, it's a, it's a... Charmed Staff.
    Yes! One hundred billion points for me!

Nonetheless, the mentioned Staff, the font, the logo, the Rifle, the Eye Gear, the Top Hat, the Miner's Helmet, hell, even the purple bows! This should be our official welcome emoticon from this day on.

7. Bell Hooks

Bell Hooks New Member

That was Fucking Gay. No it shouldn't be the welcome emoticon. Why? It gives a sense of "Actual" welcome. Not the usual jaded, hate filled welcome that befalls most unsuspecting newcomers.

8. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Not everybody is cynical here- Wait...

Not everybody is always cynical here. And the welcome emote is quite fitting. Well, could be more realistic if half the people were shaking fists, but it's still cool.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No, it was actually bi-curious and now you're hurting its feelings by stating otherwise. Shame on you, you big meanie you.

• 1) It's Arcanumish
      2) It has purple bows (oh yes it does!)
      3) HellBokos is against the idea
    The arguments for keep coming and coming!

EDIT: Silly typos are known for being silly.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I concur - however -
    Since I filtched it from the Russian forum, it might be a good idea if someone in administration would clear adding it to T-A's collection with them first..... (hint, hint)

BTW: A big Well-done! to the creator of that smiley.

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

That was just you, actually. I've never had any hate mail

12. Bell Hooks

Bell Hooks New Member

That mate, was also pretty fucking gay. Since when were people such as this tolerated? Back in the day, Jarinor would have told him he was a faggot little piss ant and fucked him off. Ohh well. Mustn't reminisce about the old days to much, it wasn't all good. Dark Underlord was a particular pain in the arse.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

More like the fleshstaff of the infinite.

I think in order to make this the official emoticon they should also throw in the flaccid wand of disappointment.

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

And you are a big meanie for saying it.
    You have my condolences for your inability to recognise which posts should be taken with a pinch of salt. Saying just that would exhaust the subject already, but then again that would be concentrating on the sad, and just why in the world would I do that when I can focus on the funny instead:

Aww, ain't that cute.

Our Host!