weirdest bugs you've encountered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by origo, Oct 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. origo

origo New Member

I can name 2:
    1. dark helm bug. Normally this helm should give you + 20 evil alignement and +20 magick attitude. Just the thing is that when you take off this helm, stats stay. So putting this helm on, off, on, off, makes you +100 magick attitude mage and also with -100 alignement.
    2. Bug that smashed my char. Happened in Vendigroth Ruins. i just noticed that virgil was not in the screen even after i moved through the passage. Then rightclicked on his face icon, and told to wait, over my char's head appeared "wall, wait". But virgil's face didn't dissapear, i was unable to comunicate with him, or look at inventory, but i could look at virgils stats, he became wall, 0 level, human rase, female??, other stats were also 0s. After getting device, i travellled straight to void and saved (mistake). Because after talking with arronax, game exited towindows, and when reloading i couldn't pass even 1st teleporter in void, instead of virgil's face was blue square:(

2. landru

landru New Member

sodium nitrate shows picture of camera

obviously a data error

3. landru

landru New Member

Followers getting jammed at a doorway

happens many places where there is a tight
    doorway (1 char square wide) and a monster
    on the other side sits out of reach around edge of door (wall blocking attacks)

One spot is in the castle at Ashbury -- Im in basement and there are alot of small rooms full of nasties with a door -- they run at the door fast and your followers try
    to advance as well.

the npc sits, the monster sits and freezes the combat (locked into combat mode) and the
    npcs wont follow any order to move/attach/backoff etc (does this even work in combat mode?? F1 F2 F3 etc...)
    I can move but the followers sit there forever (lobbing a molotov can unjam sometimes but I shouldnt have to do this...).

There is obviously some kind of deadlock here
    between move and attack LOS logic.

AND Im not sure whether the NPC ordering interface is doing what they designed it to.

All I can do is load back to a Save and try to avoid getting into same positions.

Advice -- save all the time -- never know when you will get jammed and repeating a long battle sequence to get back to same point can be tedious (with a capital T).

4. landru

landru New Member

the dialog interface frequently has overlapping text

when several npcs speak at once frequently their text starts overlapping making it difficult to read (theres plenty of space on the screen to spread them more)

ALSO there are dialog display that disappear too fast (before you have a chance to read them, I read pretty fast, and got only halfway thru before it was replaced with another msg... very bad if there is quest info in there -- I wouldnt know -- it disapeared before i could read it let alone study it........

prob a delay attribute in the dialog should have been alot longer...

5. Ioo

Ioo New Member

well the thing that ithces me the most is that right now i feel like shit and like everything sucks...and thats ok..but i feel like everything is going to suck, and that is bad.

6. landru

landru New Member

Sorry - Potassium Nitrate is picture of Camera

Films did use Silver Nitrate, but thats neither here nor there.....

7. steelman

steelman New Member

Weirdest bug would have to be when my character occasionaly walks right off the screen, and I can still hear him. Its easy to fix though, just talk to a follower...

8. a_claudd

a_claudd New Member

I got a weird one for you. My amount of gold display got stuck, once at 37 and once at 44. If I looked at the gold pile in my inventory, it showed the correct amount, though, so it wasn't that big a deal, just weird.

9. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

One minute I am standing in Riztezzi's shop shooting the breeze, and suddenly the roof appears as if I am outside, and I scroll around with my mouse only to find myself standing on top of the water way down to the southeast. I was just standing there, on the water, couldn't move, and Virgil was just standing on the shore staring at me. Eventually after I tried several methods of escape, I just disintegrated Virgil out of frustration and loaded a past save :minigun:

10. Gun_Smithy

Gun_Smithy New Member

When near the end of the game, I was at Ashbury Sundries buying some supplies on my way to the Vendigroth Wastes, an Ashbury Guard and a villager just randomly attacked me for no reason at all...and I had a good reputation with Ashbury due to completing the monument quest. The attack was, I am quite sure, absolutely unprovoked. And I received a minus two alignment points. So I wasn't completely good anymore!!

11. Ioo

Ioo New Member

You prolly broke some chest and they saw you through the wall, but then you didnt encounter that particular guard for a while.

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I haven't encounter any weird bug but if you can consider game crashing when I hit NPCs, then it'll probably be the weirdest.

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

14. farknl

farknl New Member

Weirdest bug I've ever encountered is Ioo.

Our Host!