Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Min and max are adjustments just like %, *, /, +, -, not new attributes.

2. Herogana

Herogana New Member

Unable to download

I can't find a 1.0.7.4 Patch ANYWHERE, all uploads are down, what's the matter ? :O

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Just a quick log-on from work.

To all present and future A:WIP players: Due to circumstances beyond my control, all work on this expansion pack is on hold until further notice.

Tuesday morning, my place burned to the ground, killing my dog and destroying everything I didn’t have with me. Although the fire department is still investigating, the cause of the fire seems to be a gas regulator failure which turned the water heater into a blow-torch.

Since it’s going to take a while to get my feet back under me and reacquire everything I need to mod Arcanum – including install disks and a computer to use them with – you’ll just have to make do with the 6.0 release for a while longer.

I’ll come strolling back in here one of these days, so expect me when you see me next.

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Damn, that's a hardship. Well, my condolences for you (for the dog and the house). Best of luck on recovering!

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Condolences for losing your dog and house.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My condolences.

You seem to have one misfortune after another. First your hand and now this. I hope your life gets better soon.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That's rough. You have my condolences for losing the dog and the house. It's a good thing you or any family member weren't there when it happened, but I guess this isn't much of a consolation at the moment. I hope you will pull yourself together quickly with the whole situation.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

Best of luck with everything, rroyo. Sorry to hear about you losing your home.

10. Maloch

Maloch New Member

Sorry about your losses, I hope you are able to recover from this. :-(

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh god, rroyo, I'm so sorry! *hug* Take all the time you need, we understand. Just focus on getting back on your feet.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

rroyo you have had a very rough period in your life right now with your hand and now this so hopefully things settle out soon and life will look better. Keep on keeping on and let me know if I can help out with anything.

13. captin_black

captin_black New Member

rroyo, i would happly donate to ensure the work continues on this great mod!

14. Bhatt

Bhatt New Member

Whenever I attempt to select a custom back-ground the game crashes; Have performed reinstalls and using wine-1.1.9 at the moment. Don't suppose anyone else is experiencing this?

Edit: Also alot of the books I've found so far have been blank; Intentional or...?

Double-Edit: I assume custom backgrounds are a part of A:WIP; When I extracted the patch files I noticed a lack of .mes files. Could that be the cause of the crashing? For reference the only files I got are:
    Arcanum.exe
    Arcanum.PATCH1
    Arcanum5.dat
    The cache cleaner and readme

TripleEdit: Yes, I did install 1074_EN before applying A:WIP; I have also tried running the (Equivalent) of the cache cleaner.

15. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Did you install the full A:WIP 6.0, or only the patch? The custom backgrounds only work, if you installed the full A:WIP 6.0 as well.

It could be possible that you forgot to place the patch.01 in the Arcanum folder. After that just press DrogCleanCache.

16. Bhatt

Bhatt New Member

As far as I know, it was the full A:WIP, however the lack of .mes files leads me to believe this may be otherwise (Is there another way to add backgrounds?). For reference this are the download I used:
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... WIP6.0.exe
    After applying arcanum_en_1074.exe from :
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... n_1074.exe
    (Which happens to state that it's 1073.exe at the end of the readme, assuming that's a typo.)
    Patch.01? I'm assuming you meant the Arcanum.PATCH1 file, which I placed in the modules sub-folder, as per the read-me's instructions.

Edit: Well, I feel rather stupid now. The issue is that I'm using the Russian version of Arcanum; I thought that using the English install option would make everything peachy, but yeah, apparently not.

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Live from the tailgate of my truck!

Well, I've got the site shoveled out, found that a surprising amount of things survived the fire - including the cloth Arcanum map Vorak sent me. It's water-stained but not burned - and I'll be moving a donated old travel trailer into place today. Best of all - I salvaged the hard drives from my browser/build computer - and C drive is working perfectly! I'm getting my hopes up about D (the build) drive.

Now for the important things:

Mesteut, Arthgon, Drog Black Tooth, Muro Lightning, Charonte, Maloch, Xiao_Caity, Vorak, and captain_black: Thank you most kindly.

Bhatt:
    I'm pretty sure that would cause problems, yes. The hack is made using the English version and heavily modified from there.

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that in this tragic situation there are actually some bright sides and that not all is lost.

19. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Indeed. Sometimes the little diamond sparkle (such as a still intact Arcanum cloth map and working hard drives) amid so much of life's shit can make the day brighter.

I am sorry that so much 'life' has happened to you lately.
    Hopefully the Universes 'Spotlight of Dominion' has moved on to someone else now.
    She can be a callous bitch for no discernable reason.

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No one dies a virgin, life fucks us all.

Never have those words rung more true.

Hope things sort themselves out for you, and that you're soon released from the hamster wheel of misfortune!

Our Host!