realtime?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by motormilk, Oct 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. motormilk

motormilk New Member

how in the hell can you survive?

in two seconds my ass is kicked!

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think realtime is great! I spend about half the game in realtime, and switch depending on the situation...

I also don't know why people call realtime a Diablo-like click fest - one click and your character keeps on attack until you click somewhere else...sometimes you auto attack, which can be good, but it can also suck, as with other things.

I personally think (and I'm guilty of this) that turn-based is open to abuse - the good old stand-behind-wall-move-out-shoot-move-back-while-they-spend-all-their-turns-moving-up-just-to-die is very unrealistic I believe...still, for control and orchestration of a battle, I prefer turn-basd.

As to how to survive, that depends on your situation? Do you have many followers, or few. Are you a melee character or range? Are you technological or magickal. Diplomat or figher. More details are required for more specific advice :smile:.

3. motormilk

motormilk New Member

I am magickal with no followers.
    I´m not a diplomat, I kill everybody that are no good for me.
    hahahaahahahaahahah
    I´m level 12 and use harm and disarm alot.
    had never die so far in turnbased, but you know how it´s end in realtime.

i´m not good in english, but I keep trying.

4. thenightgaunt

thenightgaunt New Member

*holding a coffiee mug* yeeeaaaah, your gonna want to stick to turn based with a char like that. Or maybe you could get dog. that'd buy you some time in battle to be able to perform some quick moves.

Our Host!