Complaints (very small)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethmage, May 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Before you're going to jump on me that I have issues with the game: don't (I've read some posting and when you have different opinion, well let's finish at that), I love this product of Troika and I'm going to buy it, but...So far I bought two schematics: one from herbology assistant called "Invigorator" and the second from chemistry layman called "Fortifier". I have them in my find pile, but I have no idea what my intelligence has to be (or the expertise for that mater) to make these things (unless there is another way to find this out please let me know). Second thing I don't like is MSR - minimum strength required on the weapons, I mean shouldn't you know the MSR before purchase (again, if there is any way to check this out)

Seth

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sethmage on 2001-05-19 22:05 ]</font>

2. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Yes
    I agree

Ooh! I gots me a bow! In your face, people without bows!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wojit on 2001-05-19 22:13 ]</font>

3. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Well,
    I guess there are two ways to look at it.
    1) You can't know with special schematics whether or not you can make them until you try
    -or-
    2) The old save, buy, doesn't work, reload bit always works.
    P.S. I think games can be less than perfect and still be wonderful games. :smile:

4. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

I wasnt aware that there are strength 'requirements' for weapons....
    I think you may be refering to the fact that you get less than the weapons stats for damage an fatigue, that is down to a lack of melee skill i think.
    and to be honest i dont think it would matter to me about not knowing the schems info until i got it since if you are a techie you can make money really easy anyway......and because of the low price of schems i dont think i would refuse buyin em anyway.

5. Wojit

Wojit New Member

If you have a certain lack of strength when holding a weapon a huge MSR sign appears on it
    You can still use the weapon (I think) but there but be some huge penelty... Probably to hit... Or speed... Or Fatigue... Or something

Damn bow! I keep seeing myself and thinking I am Bad Buck...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wojit on 2001-05-20 04:39 ]</font>

6. Calis

Calis Member

Sethmage,

Being able to use a schematic depends on your rating in certain disciplines, NOT on your intelligence. I seem to have misplaced my huge archive of found schematic screenshots, but after learning the schematic (by dragging it to the "hand" icon in your inventory) you'll want to check the schematics screen and look it up under the found ones. Of the two rectangles with components in them, at least one of them will contain an icon representing the discipline needed to build the item, together with a rating in the 10-100 range. From the manual:

7. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Yeh you are right this is from the manual:-

Strength – being the raw muscle power of a Character, Strength determines how much physical damage the Character can inflict with a blow, as well as how many blows he or she can withstand; how many items he or she can carry; and how far any given item can be hurled. Some weapons have a minimum Strength requirement to operate them effectively; a person without sufficient brute Strength will be unable to wield them. The abbreviation for Strength is given as “ST�.

And i cant wait to get the bloody hammer cause there are just too many bows to be able to identify my posts!!!
    :lol:

8. Wojit

Wojit New Member

And I can't wait to get the hammer so I can continue to annoy Bad Buck once he has it!
    :grin:

9. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Calis

Yes I understand the part where you need components, but my problem is what amount the expertise you need to create that part. For example when you're learning the schematics and you have not enough INT there is comment saying what is least intelligence you have to have to learn the specific schematics.

But if I'm playing tech character sooner or later I'll end up with 100% expertise and I won't have this problem (same thing goes for my magician). Good hunting to everybody. :wink:

Seth.

10. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

you may not be able to actually cause if you have ever used the acp you will know that even at 50th level it is not practical to get expetise in all of em.

You can get the ACP here:-
    http://www.arcanumworld.co.uk/dloads.htm

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

12. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

i've read in some interview about the lvl cap, something about arcanum 2.

13. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

14. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

at 50 yes.

the word is that in the final product this cap will be hard to reach, and it will be harder to gain levels then in the demo.

so its no biggie, and its understandable if they are going to base an expanssion pack or a sequal on the first game.

15. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Im sure the level cap is at 50th......tho they said that it is quite hard to get there anyway

16. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

17. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Are you jus posting to see your name all the way down the right hand colomn???

18. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

19. Wojit

Wojit New Member

<Note: This post has no useful purpose>

I am posting from school! Yay!

20. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

i like the sword best. wait, if i keep posting, i'll lose it forever!! NOOOOOOO!!!

Our Host!