How many Fate Points are out there to earn and where are the

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Badtz Maru, Oct 26, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Badtz Maru

Badtz Maru New Member

My 38th character just got to Qintarra and only has two fate points. I think I MAY have had a third one and spent it, but I don't think so. I've heard some people have a lot more than that, and I am wondering how to earn them. I have completed a lot of quests, but by no means all of them.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You get them more for heroic acts than actually completing quests - although some are quest related.

There are a certain amount that are quest related, and some that only certain characters will be able to do, but I think that you can actually get some by biting off more than you can chew. Not sure though. That is the way it's supposed to be.

3. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Fate points

I think I have a pretty complete list at home. I'll post it this evening.

4. andyg

andyg New Member

Fate Points

I'm playing as an evil character. When I first approached Cedric Appleby, I had one fate point. After I blew up the steam engine in Bates' factory, went through the secret tunnel into Bates' mansion, killed everyone inside, nabbed the journal and gave it to Appleby, I had four fate points. I don't know when exactly I got them.

5. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Possible fate points

Depending on how you are playing, not all of these will be possible.

Thieves in Shrouded Hills
    Betray Bates
    Kill Bates
    Destroy the Schuylers (with Magnus)
    End orc uprising peacefully
    Kill orc leader
    Inspire orc uprising (note: 3 ways to win & 1 to lose)
    Free Gar
    Sneak into Bates' mansion
    Help Cynthia Boggs
    Return Loghaire as King
    Kill the Stillwater Giant
    Butcher Stillwater
    Clear Sharpe
    Sell out Bedokaans
    Free T'sen-Ang Ogres
    Cure the werewolf
    Half-Ogre Island
    Kill King Farad
    Uncover truth about Panarii
    Fix Vooriden Altar (before asked)
    Help Magnus find his clan
    Join Kerghan

OK, I think that's all of them. Sorry if I was a little vague, but I didn't want to give too much away. As you can see, some are mutually exclusive.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wow, seems like that with the orc uprising, you are the only clear winner (cause you always get a fate point :smile:).

Here's a thought - if you have Waromon, and you sell out the Bedokaan, will he attack you?

Is that all the fate points there are, or are there more?

7. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Re: Fate points

I got the list from Prima and they've been wrong before, so there may still be a few more.

I am playing through with three characters. My main character is a high tech human gunslinger, but I also have a (evil) female half-elf mage and a halfling thief that I keep about 25 tech. The main character is nearly finished with the game. The other two I "cheat" with bringing them directly to the point I need them without going through the story-line. This way I've been able to try different approaches one right after the other and see the results.

Note: On the Orc uprising there is still one way to miss out on a fate point and people will think that you're a jackass to boot.

As to Waromon, he won't offer to join until you've passed the point where you could sell them out.

Our Host!