What is the best weapon in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by OrionM26, Sep 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

had the same sensation when I first met the ore golem. Only that time it was me falling apart Like Bloody mess.

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Then when I skilled a zombie, all of their body parts broke apart! :lol:

3. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

any chance you remember the name of this wonderful dismembering axe? i could sure use one myself....

4. F0kkEr

F0kkEr New Member

where?

where can i get the arcane sword? or axe?

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I found the axe at the crash site. It was a random item from the magick chest box guarded by a kite shaman.

The arcane sword can be found at the ancient maze though someone told me it can also be found at a dungeon elsewhere.

6. Gorath321

Gorath321 New Member

ED seems to be electrical damage as it is found on all Electrical weapons (I.E. Charged sword)

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you can find an arcane axe in a chest in "small camp" near quintarra

8. Gorath321

Gorath321 New Member

A little off topic but one of my chars has the Arcane shaild and I can't remember where I got it. Anyone know?

9. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

I found an Arcane Shield in the sewers of Caladon. And as for the Arcane Axe in the small camp, that chest is random. Once I found a ring that made me invisible in it. My favorite weapon is this huge sword that the warrior woman in Dernholm has. Can't remember the name... Baltar's Sword? Something like that. It looks like a broadsword and it dishes out crazy damage.

10. Camo

Camo New Member

Most of my meele weps cracks enemies like an egg.

Then again most of these weapons are rather powerful in the first place.

1. Arcane axe... bought from gypsy in Tarant.
    2. Arcane great sword... bought from gypsy in Tarant and found in some quest called either the strange bog or strange pond near wheel clan.

Hell, when you have weapons that deal such large damage, you can hit an seething mass so hard that all that's left are a pair of legs standing... hee hee.

As for the gun in question, it is called something warmonger and you'll only be able to make it when you are looking around the vendigroth wastes.

BTW will someone please tell me where can i get the schematic for FIRE OBSTRUCTION????

11. tarin

tarin New Member

the arcane lagre sword can also be found in the ancient temple its the waepon of torian kel i think cuz its next to him in a bunch of bones
    (there s also a shield and a dread amor i think)
    BTW the best axe i ever found
    (apart from the pyroaxe) was the axe of the lost time it has a speed of 1 or 2 is cursed (speed your enemys up) but makes a damage of 30-72 i think
    virgil did go bloody job with it :smile:

12. beauregarde

beauregarde New Member

Pyrotechnic weapons

Camo, I haven't seen any flamethrower yet, but I bought the schematics for the pyrotechnic bow and pyrotechnic axe. I know I bought the latter in a smithy in Caladon, but I don't know where I found the former. As for the fire obstruction ... that's a 5th-level Explosives schematic you have to level up to for yourself. Once you've done that, though, you can sink two more CPs into Smithy and with the right schematic you're ready to make the Pyrotechnic Axe ... it rocks!

13. beauregarde

beauregarde New Member

Re: arcane stuff

P.S. I have also found the Arcane Mace ... it is kinda slow but it deals tons of damage. Plus the business end of the mace is in the shape of a skull with spikes protruding from either end ... pretty cool.

14. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

RE: best weapons

The best weapon for one player may not work for another. All have a certain strength rating required to use effectively and many have a magick/tech rating that comes into play as well. In my current game I am a 83 Tech - Firearms Master and am using a hand cannon as my primary weapon. It may not be the most powerful, but I'd rather use a single handed weapon over a two handed one just about any day of the week.

15. Greebley

Greebley New Member

I was wondering...

Do you get more exp for a monster if you get more "hits?" In other words, if I use a fast weapon and get 20 hits with exp on each is that better than the weapon that kills in one blow?
    Note that I have been using the filament sword since I got it early on. I give the bigger weapons to my half-ogres.

16. Dancing Lemon

Dancing Lemon New Member

Kill in a monster in 20 hits give you 20x as much exp as killing it in 1...

17. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

????

Isn't xp based on the amount of damage you inflict? So it shouldn't matter how many hits you make, rather how much damage you do.

18. Dancing Lemon

Dancing Lemon New Member

Arcanum exp system is horrible..

19. andyg

andyg New Member

Good weapons

I found both an Arcane great sword and a Mystic great sword in a room in the Ancient Temple, the room with all the scrolls on the floor. That was cool. I'm pretty sure it's a random chest.

I believe the Fire Obstruction is the sixth schematic in the Explosives college, it's not a found schematic.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think that the experience given is done on the damage you do, and how good the hit is - a critical hit is better than a normal hit, and the differing levels of critical hits give experience than others I believe.

Our Host!