Why can't I buy a Li'tani?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Liz, Oct 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Liz

Liz New Member

The first time I went to Ashbury, the elf guy had one for sale, but I didn't buy it because I didn't know what they were for yet. He's never had one since then. I've gotten his inventory to respawn about 10 times now, and it's just not there. Did I miss my only chance to buy it?

2. com2kid

com2kid New Member

No, they are a very common item and can be found and boughten all of the place.

3. elrat

elrat New Member

maybe it's a bug? In my first game, the elf guy always had one whenever I bought from him

4. Liz

Liz New Member

Like where, for example? I haven't seen any except from the elf in Ashbury, and he only had them once.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, only the elf guy in Ashbury will sell the Li'tani. He should have one everytime you go there though, it's really strange with it not spawning...Try leaving town and wandering the wilderness for a couple of days...

Other than that, I don't really know.

6. Tidus

Tidus New Member

what the hell is it used for annyway

7. Ghost-face

Ghost-face New Member

The Li'tani is used as an offering to one of the gods. I forget which specfic one. You only need it if you are doing the god's quests.

8. Bekae

Bekae New Member

Li'tani

The Li'tani is offered to Ter'el, the Elven God in Falcon's Ache, just follow the path to a tree area.

9. Tidus

Tidus New Member

Oh i bought it then threw it at a dock worker then a guard came and killed me its cool that you can throw things in your inventory slots :smile::):)

10. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Too high a Tech rating will also keep him from selling

Only the Elf merchants carry them, but if your Tech rating is too high they won't sell you the time of day. I wound up having to annoy him until he attacked me, then I raided his inventory for all kinds of goodies. Surprisingly this tactic did not put off my "good" followers.

11. Liz

Liz New Member

I'd already tried reloading at the train station in Tarant and going back to Ashbury. (I did that about ten times.) He seemed to have different inventory each time, but no Li'tani. But I downloaded a mod on this site that makes shops sell everything they can sell, and I got it that way.

I'm playing a tech character, but he talked to me anyway. Maybe my tech rating is still low enough that he thinks I'm okay.

12. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Tech too high

I hit about 77 and all of a sudden I was dog meat.

Our Host!