fallout2 help plz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ioo, Oct 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ioo

Ioo New Member

My not caring actually comes from early years in Russia when I couldn't read any English, and most products were pirated and no manuals were availabe. Hense the habit of doing everything the way you figure to do it. :smile: I skimmed through FO manuals but didn't find anything valuable.

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I got em both for $7.50 plus a mousepad from Interplay about six months ago- the shipping and handling costed almost as much as the software!

3. Etalis Craftlord

so true. For an English assignment I got to make a pamphlet for anything I chose- those "other titles from Vault-Tec" jokes got me an A. How to eat rat, How to dodge falling rocks... good times.

4. Etalis Craftlord

except humor I trust. THat kinda was the point.

5. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Mebe I never got no manuals?.. damn... i bought FO1 at my local Fry's and then FO2 at interplay online store alongw ith fo1 for free.

6. com2kid

com2kid New Member

First off.

The Fallout Series was not NEARLY as well made out as Arcanum is, and therefore your pansy assed little diplomant is going to be spread all over the floor VERY quickly.

I was playing a brute fighter and the first part of the game was still a pain in the ass.

Either a gun slinger or a melee charecter is really the only choices that you have, sorry.

Though you CAN make it through as a diplo, remember that unlike Arcanum where almost every quest has a Diplomantic solution of some sort to it, alot of Fallout's Quests are of the Hunt The Wumpus variety.

And Wumpus's don't like to chat :grin:

7. com2kid

com2kid New Member

The actual recipies in the back of the Fallout manual where kinda scary to tell you the truth though, at least the names where, the ingrediets often times looked rather tasty :smile:

8. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I KNOW that Fallouts aren't as developed as arcanum and there is less choices for character... though my diplomat is doing fine.

But its more fun to play it 5 times with same cahr then play arcanum 5 times completely different.

9. Etalis Craftlord

SOMEbody didn't pay attention to the post. He said he's doing FINE with the diplomat character. And stop whining, just cuz you didn't pay enuff attention to find the quests that weren't "Kill That" doesn't mean they weren't there. Arcanum, on the other hand, REQUIRES you to beat several dungeons, something neither Fallout ever did. You really can beat Fallout without killing anything more than a couple of random encounters and some mutated small animals in the beginning. Arcanum? Can't do it. SO at least pay attention when you're going to whine about something, cuz all you've done with this particualr post is PISS ME OFF.

10. com2kid

com2kid New Member

I never said that Fallout2 was a bad game, heck I love it, but. . . .

*SPOILER* what about at the end of the game where you are on that one nasty ship? All of those robots (as I recall, so many end levels, so many games. . . . ^_^) are not exactly the diplomatic type.

A person does not have to 'kill' anything in Arcanum either.

Hell, in fact the FAQ says that, read it some time, or at least one of the developer team interviews does. Not a single charecter has to die, and a person can use various stunning weapons and spells on the random encounter monsters.

No, one can not always 'talk' their way out of a situation, but a spell of invisability or one of various chemical solutions to creatures, can easily get a person through a dungien without a single fatality being encured on either side.

11. Ioo

Ioo New Member

We were talking about not killing and being a diplomat... not some mage, which isn't possible in fallout. And on that ship you don't really have to kill anyone if I remember right... neither do you on the oil rig.

12. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Huh? All of those enemies are attacking you though. Not to mention that you have to blow the place up (once again, very hazy recall, meh blown up WAY to many buildings };) ) and they are not exactly going to let you do that peacefuly (unless somebody managed to convince that fool who thinks he is president that peace is the right answer. Bah, he deserves to die anyways!)

13. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Well you see since I am a diplomat I can indeed convince anyone in anything. Besides after puting a bomb on the computer people don't start attacking you. All you have to do is kill old Mr. Franky there, which can be done easily by talking those guys next door into doing that for you, and aiming the guns at him, and you can also use the NPC's.

14. farknl

farknl New Member

I've talked my way out of and into more situations in Arcanum than I did in Fallout 2. Points spent on charisma, beauty and pursuasion seem to be worth more than the "skills" of Fallout 2. Much more XP for quests too, which leads to more char points to spend!

15. Metathiax

Metathiax New Member

No way

The guard will not move the oblisk no matter what you say. You have to prove yourself the chosen one and get the special item at the end of the temple to continue your quest.

16. Ioo

Ioo New Member

First of I didn't get no item, unless you mean the jumpsuit... if you were trying not to spoil that's ok since I beat both fallouts numerous times... but thx anyway.

And to all of you who think Arcanum even compares to fallout - tasteless bastards.

Our Host!