Arcanum Editor 1.8 Opinions needed on possible addition.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKoepp, Sep 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Uh, wait, you mean to tell me that you haven't tried to get a Half-Ogre with an INT of 24 and a STR of 30 yet?

:razz:

Hehe, would've been one of the first things thats I tried to do, hehe. Its either that or give my Half Elf Mage 25dex or so :smile:

2. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

No, I never tried to do those things. I hardly ever try to go over 20 to be honest. I guess I find it sufficent at the levels they can go to.

3. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

i think it would be cool to go over the limits and it would also be cool to add a thing that you could edit if you mastered a college without having to do those stinky quests in tulla

4. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Bah, I got tired of killing everything in 2-3 hits and I wanted'em all dead in 1-2 hits instead :wink:

Ah, STR24 + Pyrotechnic Axe == One Kick Ass Ogre

:grin:

5. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

or a str 34 + pyrotechnic axe = DESTRUCTION

6. com2kid

com2kid New Member

I use Arcane Sword cuz I have this awful nasty fun habit of knocking down doors and opening 1,000 hit point treasure chests with my weapon.

I am ineligant so I need a weapon that matchs my, err, 'playing style'

:grin:

7. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

if there is a way to get your character to learn found schematics without having to find the actual schematic coes i cant find the schematic for dark machined plate and i would really love to be able to build it

8. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Only thing that I could think of would be to go out into someplace in the middle of nowheres with 0 NPCs and such and save before you have used the schematics and then save the game after you have used your schematics to a different file.

Only a few thing should have changed between the two files DKoepp told me once that the save games ar enot of a constant size so tracking things down in them is a total pain.

Anyways the only three thigs that should have changed in your charecter file is the time of day (if that is stored there) part of your inventory (the schematic is no longer there) and then last what you are looking for, what schematics you know.

Once the part of the save file that deals with Schematics is found a simple bit of tweaking and testing things out could be done to find out how information about schematics is stored in the data file.

Anybody who is halfway decent with a HexEditor should be able to do it.

Unforunatly the only two people that I know in Real Life who are Hex Editing wizs own a Pentium 133 and thus are defintly NOT able to run Arcanum.

9. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

the only bad thing is that the damn shematic is nowhere to be found it isnt in any of the chests (ive bashed the living crap out of them to be sure not to forget any chests) and i still havent found the schematic. one thing that i can think of is that if the schematic was on the ground it should disappear if you rest. theres one possible reason for the schematic not being there right after i talked to loghaire i went to the dredge by using his exit and i killed a seething mass then i went to stillwater and then later in the game (after ive been to vendigroth) i tried to search for it is there some possibility that the schematic disappeared from the dredge

10. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

I am currently trying to add learned schematics by doing what you suggested. I started a few days ago and I still have not found the right item that changed. Believe me a lot more then 3 things change in the save after that short of time. I wish it was as simple as only 3 things different, man would that be a nice.

11. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

yo btw dkoepp ill be able to send you the saves for Loghaire, weldo rubin, tollo undehill, and arronax. the problem with gorgoth is that he is level 50 so progressing him any further can be kinda painful

12. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Thanks Vovka I had the same opinion about Gorgoth though I am thinking of using the above level 50 hack to level him up so I could try.
    Now I would like to say I have had some progress in Learned schematics today. I have found the location they are stored at and have successfully changed one schematic into another. Adding a schematic so far has resulted in a blank one though I am currently trying to work around this. I hoping to at least allow changing of the learned schematics in either 1.8 or 1.9 though I would really like to get adding them in.

13. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Just a quick update to my previous posts about Found Schematic editing. I can now say for a sure in version 1.8 will allow you to change what learned schematics you have though I do not think I will be allowing the addition of new learned schematics as I have yet to figure out how to add more schematics without having them be added but completely useless. Still with changing you will find it easier to get schematics as all you need to do is get the common ones, change them then buy the common ones again.

14. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

ill probably be able to send you the save for loghaire in the end of the week

15. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Thanks Vovka it will be nice to add him in. If anyone else could send me sech files with characters it would be nice. I wanted to point out one more thing about schematics. I noticed someone said they wanted the dark machined platemail. I just wanted you to know there is no such item. It is actually the machined platemail item you get when you learn that schematic.

16. Gpiper

Gpiper New Member

im not having much luck here.. 8(

I have been trying to get the editor to work, but I keep getting the .DLL file MSVBVM60.DLL doesnt exisit or something close to that when I try what you said in the readme it says cant open library 00x00000465 or something close to that would have wrote it all down but kids ate my pencils....

17. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Ok GPiper first thing you will need to do is to download msvbvm60.dll. If you can't find a place go to a search engine and search for it, it shouldn't take very long to find. Once you download then you may or may not need to follow the register instructions in the text file.

18. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Ok I just wish to say that I have now finished adding all the npcs to my editor. I do not need any more files for the npcs. With the finish of this I can say for certain that the new editor will be out next week. I just need to touch up a few of the files that come with it then it will be ready for release. I think most likely Monday or Tuesday I will have it ready. Also with the release of this version I think this thread can finally die out as it was for suggestions for 1.8

19. landru

landru New Member

If not to cheat then to patch a buggy game -- to fix to play

If they patch the game, it wont help you much if youve already played thru half of it
    (you really want to start all over again??)

20. Vovka100

Vovka100 Member

yo dkoepp in the next version (if theres ever gonna be one) could you make it so that you edit the stats over the limit

Our Host!