Let's get retarded in here !

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Viktor Modante, Apr 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Viktor Modante

Viktor Modante New Member

I know the end to this was about 3 years ago,but still.
    I played Arcanum back in 2001,lost the disk,burned copies,got a new computer,so on and so forth.I have never had the time or anything to get to buying a new disk,so dont recommend that..I'll get to it when I can
    Now,I'm stuck in the same "_AIL_set_stream_volume@8" problem,although I downloaded both of the missing dll files and placed them in correct folders.I also downloaded all the patches required,along with some hacks.Arcanum worked fine on my old Windows98 computer (that is now junked,because it died..),and Arcanum has NEVER worked on my Compaq/Windows XP computer.Could it not be that it is just the computer itself,and not the game?
    I've loved this game for a very,very long time,and some help with that file would be very much appreciated..

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Congratulations. Your post has actually annoyed me enough I'm going to try and blackmail someone into making me a moderator so that I can split your post into a new thread. Hell, there was even a comment in here from two years ago telling someone to not dig up a thread that was six months old, but to make a new one! Do you think that's changed? Uninstall Arcanum, delete the directories, and any/all references you can find to it. Order a copy of Arcanum from the Amazon, or ebay. Install using that version. Patch to 1.0.7.4. Return to forum, and post your status. Never gravedig a thread again.

3. Viktor Modante

4. DarkFool

No. Simply me. Your picture does anger me though.

5. Viktor Modante

Not my avatar,but the picture below every post I put?
    would you recommend I change that..

6. Viktor Modante

Anyways,I have changed the picture..And I have yet to order the game Friday,so I'll tell you how everything goes.
    Sorry for the trouble caused,just wanted to know the problem.

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Double posting? 3 yr grave dig? Blatant ignoring of an admin's post directing you to start a new thread?

I can say you pissed off quite a few. Wise up or you won't last long here.

8. DarkFool

He's getting better. I think. It's understandable, Viktor. We just like to control things absolutely. :) Thank you for changing the picture, and when you've a new copy of Arcanum, hopefully it'll be trouble free! :)

9. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Just what degree of mental retardation does it take to knowingly dig up a thread 2 years old, despite being fully aware it's not allowed here ?

Our Host!