Usually I just skim through reviews, but..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyme, Oct 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hmm ... an opportunity to get someone to uninstall/reinstall ... how could I resist. The fact you're and evil network technician makes it all the sweeter :wink:

No I haven't suffered those bugs, assuming the the labels you have given them are self-explanatory.

Nah, I just can't do it. I'm not that mean, so I have to ask - you have tried applying the patch up to version 1.0.7.0, haven't you? It might be worth a go, if you haven't.

2. farknl

farknl New Member

An evil network technician huh? Careful what you say…you're reaction modifier just took a downward spiral!
    I'm running patch 1.0.7.0 at the mo…Any other suggestions?

3. Random

Random New Member

Arcanum

Of all my games, Arcanum holds the record for being the most installed/uninstalled on my computer.

First I install it, play around, enjoy it... then the bugs and slowdowns, the fact that my character and companions (except tech characters) can practically kill anything in 2 hits, kick in and I get so frustrated I delete it.. In a few days, I get bored and install it again... And the cycle repeats itself.

I hope the next patch (if they release one), fixes all the problems... Then maybe I could enjoy it as much as Fallout 2 (Unlikely though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Random on 2001-10-20 02:50 ]</font>

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Diablo 2 holds that record for me. Something about my system can only handle there patches if I apply them offline. Only trouble is, they don't warn you a patch is about to start, so I connect to Realms and BAM! my Diablo will require a reinstall before I can play again.

Another set of Diablo re-installs was caused by Microsoft Netmeeting, which has a lovely little bug that kills DirectX completely. Why did I have to re-install Diablo2? Because I looked up the error I was getting on the Blizzard tech support site, and it recommended that I do so. They're crap.

This compares to when I looked up some support on Sierra's site and it told me everything I needded to know to fix my black triangles problem.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

If you mean combat that's 7 for a techie beginner and 2 for a 20lvl techie with Looking Glass Rifle and 4 followers.

As for quests fiddiculty that would be up to 6 with few of them 3 on general.

As for properly devolping a techie character in the beginning it would be 8.

So it would be 4 overall. (I didn't count how challenging the bugs are as the scale of 1-10 is to small for that).

I began the game 4 times before I finally got my development right (it mostly got down to developing charisma first so that my weakling techie would have someone to fight for him).

It's a real pity they didn't write it on a box. Oh yeah and it should be also burned on the foreheads of the Troika's programmers.

As for stupid AI. It's so bad that Virgil will try to heal my char, which has 100tech aptitude, until he'll drop down unconscious, instead of using his APs trying to kill the enemy who'll kill me in the next turn.

The worst thing about Arcanum is the fact that it really could be the greatest RPG I ever played but it's only the most bugged RPG I ever played.

7. farknl

farknl New Member

Dragoon, we should start new dialogues. Let's start a post with the title of every bug we've seen in Arcanum, and offset them with the occasional encouraging remark. Maybe this will get the Troika boys working on a REAL PATCH.

Our Host!