Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ooooooh, pretty. I like it. *giggle* I must play when I get back to the Polytechnic. Must get to Roseborough.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

3. Fat|Tony

Fat|Tony New Member

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, or if it's in the WIP, new to the forum and Arcanum mods/patches in general; but one thing I've always wanted was the ability to Right Click sell items and Right click items from containers/companions to my inventory and back ect. Is this even a possiblitiy or is it just the way the game is?

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Fat Tony!

You'll be happy to hear the right-click option has been available for quite a while now with the 1.0.7.4 patch - available in the downloads section.

5. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hey Rroyo....I was thinking about how many areas in the base game have corpses of people lying around...dead from attacks or even cursed items (like the cursed platemail you can find somewhere)...but in all these cases there really insn't much of an explanation as to what happened...leaving a little too much to the imagination.

I was thinking that maybe you could add a few notes and journals insome of these cases just to flesh out the context a bit more. Or even just to add a little comedy in there.

What do you think?

Obviously I'd be glad to help come up with the texts....

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You're going to have to help me out here. I can only recall 3 places in the stock game with corpses lying around and two of those have a story or notes already in place - the murdered prostitutes in Caladon and the assassins in the BMC. Which leaves the fellow in the Caladon sewers. He could use a little something, I guess.

How many others can you recall?

As for A:WIP - For the most part I have been adding backstories and/or notes to the scenes with corpses as I build them.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Okay let me see:

- There the corpse (container) I believe in the area involving the Prowling master quest...the one with a bunch of Brute Fangs.

- I believe there's a corpse where a guy has cursed platemail in Gorgoths Pass or The Cold Place.

- There's a place who's name I can't recall that has a bunch of guards surrounding a couple who are dead. You can't revive them.

Honestly, maybe there's less than I think there are, but I'll hack up an UBER and ping-pong around the map to see if I find any more and get back to you!

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

OK. Let me know what you find.

The three you listed are already taken care of because the scene tells the story.

1) A fellow tried the Prowling Master quest and failed.

2) The guy with the platemail was passing through and ran into something tougher than he was.

3) A well-off homesteader(?) couple and their guards made camp in the wrong place. .....Ok.... They could use a back story.

Oh, and don't forget the Elf at the quarry. I never did understand why he was there, other than to provide a bit of loot.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

The people in the wolf cave and haunted castle.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Some of the odd little map points you only find by running around every inch of the map. Like the kite clearing or the utterly destroyed camp with no signs of the perpetrators.

That what you meant, Horseman?

11. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I'm not saying that the scanrio doesn't give you an idea of what happened...what I was getting it is that maybe it would be fun to flesh out a bit of the backstory on the dead characters.

Does the dead guy in the prowling Master have the same note that would lead you to that location?

And as for the platemail guys, if the armor is cursed, why not add a little something like maybe a diary explaining where he was from and why he was crossing the pass. Maybe an entry about how happy is with the armor he bought of some wandering merchant for a very low price and how he's dying to try it on.

Or maybe he could be a courier from Tarant or Caladon carrying something loosely tied to the negotiations between both towns. Complementary information really.

Or if you wanted, you throw in some clue to the Half-Ogre thing...maybe he was carrying a note that says...

"It took me long enough to find proof and nearly cost me life a hundred times over...but what I have seen has sent a cold chill over my very soul....the King of Caladon must learn of this...all of Arcanum must learn of this...I still see th eyes of those dead women and the monsters that lay within them..."

Or the guy could be just another adventurer like you and on him you find receipt for a "very magical armor"..sold by somebody...there could be a map location as well if you wanted. Although this would require you to have a magic shop somewhere that specializes in cursed weapons/items...possibly the smiths are Dwarfs who seem to "contaminate the magic" with their technological skill...could be a micro quest if you want...maybe have the market in a small town where everyone has cursed items bought from the shop and they want you to do something about it.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head...ideally they should be simple things...small notes just to flesh the environment out a bit more.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I see what you're saying now... Ok. Thanks!

*Makes notes*

This'll be small projects for when I'm working in an area and will add a bit more color.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Hey Rroyo, I have a metric ton of notes for Virgil and Arronax romances I was gonna write lying around the place. Do you want me to write up the most applicable stuff and send it to you? Could be handy.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Please! and thank you.
    I'm going to need all the help I can get to make the romances work right.

15. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

16. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Good thing none of the NPC sound like Barry White :p

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

18. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Re-voice Magnus via Barry White and you'll get the picture.

19. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, baby... Don't you ever ask a dwarf his family name, now...

20. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Or add the Incredible HUlk's voice to Gar......

"ARGH....Gar Smash!"

Or make Zan sound like MOnica Belucci

Our Host!