Program bug? - Double-crossing Jacob Bens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Divadrummer, Oct 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Divadrummer

Divadrummer New Member

Hey,

Has anyone else tried this?
    Agree to do the Jacob Bens quest to rob the bank in Shrouded Hills, and then tattle on him to Doc Roberts. If you rob the bank after you tattle, Doc Roberts will meet you at the bridge and fight you.

Unfortunately, whenever I get there, the program crashes.

I don't think this has anything to do with system resources or a bad installation...this is probably a bug.

I wanted to be sure other people were seing this before I reported it to Troika.

2. casual1y

casual1y New Member

best to rob the bank, give him the money, kill him and get the xps and the money!!!!!!!!!

or you rob the bank then dob.

3. Vegas

Vegas New Member

4. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

RE : Program bug? - Double-crossing Jacob Bens

hrmmm...

Me:

Talk to Jacob Bens and get quest to rob bank.
    Talk to Doc Roberts and rattle on Jacob, plus get quest to help him out against the Bowers gang (this is probably wrong name).
    After bank is safe Jacob Bens is nowhere to be seen.
    Go in the bank and pickpocket key from bank teller (or just go through the door in case it's open, happened to me twice allready).
    Open safe, take money and leave note with combination <g>.
    Remove thiefs from bridge by using persuasion.
    Fight the gnome at the other end of bridge and proceed to Dernholm.

NO Doc Roberts in sight ever... done this about 4 times now... Doc Roberts actually loves me *yuk* (105 reaction), most of Shrouded Hills is Amiable.

I'd say you found a neat little bug or a condition I haven't met yet... You did actually agree to rob the bank and got the safe combination note and all before rattling on Jacob right ? cause if you don't and you rattle on him and then go and rob the bank, then you trigger the Doc Roberts encounter has Jacob will rattle on you. Game also goes poof on me when this happens.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

Well, the way it was laid out in the original post, it kinda makes sense that Doc Roberts would suspect you, or at least wait at the outskirts of town for some suspicious person wanting to leave town.

In the OP, s/he gets the quest to rob the bank. Then s/he turns in Jacob Bens, so this should have stopped the bank robbery, right? But then, the bank gets robbed anyway. Suspicious, no?

The way I did the double cross (and I never met up with Doc on the bridge; I got away with it) was this:
    • First help Doc Roberts save the bank from the Bowers Gang.
    • Then go to Jacob Bens and agree to help him rob it.
    • Rob the bank
    • Instead of giving Bens his cut of the money, go straight to Doc Roberts and tell him the Jacob was the one who robbed the bank.

Our Host!