Hostile robot minions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Fri, Nov 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Fri

Fri New Member

Eh, I feel really silly for registering and posting a new topic just for something that seems so insignificant, but I do need you gentlemen's help.

On his adventure, my gentleman gunslinger had seen the marvels of technology and turned into mad sciencedom. He made some clockwork decoys. But it seems that he's a better mad scientist than he thought, because EVERY SINGLE CLOCKWORK DECOYS REBELLED AND ACT HOSTILE AGAINST THE PARTY!

What happened? Is that a sign of future creature uprising? How to actually use those clockwork decoys? Why I can't find a single mention of any similar incident in the internet?

I'm afraid of continuing the game from fear of future robot uprising.

Oh, help me ladies and gentlemen, so I can finish this game and then I can start being a productive member of the society (and/or this particular forum to be specific)

(oh, and I think I have patched the game. Though now I'm not really sure whether I patched the game right)

2. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Never saw/heard/read anything like that, so I'm contributing absolutely nothing to this thread with my post.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Huh... I had something similar happen with a Mechanised Arachnid once because I accidentally targetted it with a grenade. (It was a mistake, slip of the hand, I was tired, that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :xoldrop: )

Where and how are you using them?

4. Fri

Fri New Member

this is really strange. Apparantly, I'm the only one who ever had this problem, since google yield nothing. Everytime I deploy my decoys everywhere, they immediately turn hostile? Or there is something wrong with my way of using them? Where is the 'pet clockwork decoys' and 'ask them nicely to work' button?

(You use them like you use molotov cocktails right? Put them into quickslot, throw them into enemy... or is that wrong?)

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Throw them onto a ground tile.

6. Mooo

Mooo New Member

Aren't they usually hostile? I've been using some explosive ones lately. If you click the decoys, do they turn back into items? Do your followers automatically attack the decoys? Will enemies attack the decoys?

You seem to be using them properly, and I think they're supposed to appear hostile, so perhaps you're using them correctly, and just haven't tried them near enemies?

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Well, it's been a while since I used the decoys, but if I recall correctly they aren't supposed to be hostile and you can put them back into your inventory, same with the automatons and arachnids.

8. Fri

Fri New Member

Hmm, yes. I throw them into ground tiles, and they ALWAYS TURN HOSTILE and can't picked up. Or they turn out to be duds that aren't working and can be picked up again.

This is very frustating. Am I the only one in the world that got this bug or whatever? I feel special...

Now I had to stop playing.

Fear of robot uprising. You know.

9. malango

malango New Member

On my recent save I have 3 automatons, 3 poison arachnids, 2 healing arachnids. But I just keep them in a chest now they made the game to easy heh.

I had a problem where my followers would attack the decoys I threw (very annoying), so I stopped usings them, they were a waste of my efforts, so I stuck to automatons at the time.

10. Mooo

Mooo New Member

Mine are hostile but can still be picked up...
    Sorry about everyone else's troubles. Perhaps if you treat your decoys gently, feeding them small sprigs of metal shavings and bits of spring, they'll warm up to you? :

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Yo momma is so ugly even her automatons attack her.

Our Host!