dx 1 in red

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gulo, Oct 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gulo

gulo New Member

I suddenly found out that my Dex is in red and it's 1 ! I have no idea when and how did this happen but I dont think I can finish game like that. I didnt drink anything, i dont have any curse or cursed object. I tried to get healed by doctor, I spent couple nights in Inn (though i dont think that would help) but it's still at 1. Since then I got in Tarant's sewer and raised my level by 3. When I tried to add points to Dex my available points dissapeared but nothing changed - still 1. I even tried that save editor but it says my Dex is 10 - as it was before..
    i dunno what to do :sad:

2. Xanamonarac

Xanamonarac New Member

Stupid question: do you have an older save game? If yes, load it and watch if the problem occurs again. I would assume it's a bug, because you said you don't have any scars, curses, etc. X

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

maybe he got bittine by a rat in the sewers and aquired lepracy?

4. Xanamonarac

Xanamonarac New Member

Hm, good point - perhaps he drank milk from one of these gypsie-cows (you know these poor animals that have to walk around day and night, year for year). That milk can't be good for you. X

5. theshadow

theshadow New Member

Check your inventory, you might be wearing stuff that -X to your dexerity ....

6. gulo

gulo New Member

is that leper stuff real? there are always some rats so I might get bitten. is there no way how to cure it?
    I didnt drink any milk or any other drink. Do I actually have to? Do you have to eat drink in arcanum?
    And I am definately not wearing any dx- stuff
    the problem is that savegame editor shows my DX is 10, i dunno how to fix it. I can't believe i am stuck, i dont wanna play again from start!
    unfortunately before it happened i used one save for quite a long time and i didnt want to start all over ;(
    *crap* fallout used to die into windows desktop but at least I could always run it again and continue...

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I remember this post. Is this the same one at the general discussion?

8. gulo

gulo New Member

nope, i just find it out & posted here 2 days ago
    is there someone else having this problem?

i gave up and started to play from my last save (2 long nights of playing lost :sad:

9. Raywind

Raywind New Member

apparently there's a sword that's found in the tarant sewers that permanently lowers your dex by 2 every time you equip it (i think this must be a bug). i'm guessing that's your problem...

Our Host!