God of Fire??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Muro, Dec 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Now from where in the hell did THAT come from??

[​IMG]

Any guesses? ;)

Oh, and the situation was in the normal game, so no modding or module modification.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just checked the scene via WorldEd.
    There is only supposed to be five elementals there and none of them are set up as generators (sources of new critters) but I see seven in your picture and one of them is almost twice as big as the others.*

The best explaination I can offer is you've got an odd glitch.

*I know I stated the obvious.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well, to make the situation clear, the thing I'm asking for is not "How did that happen" but "Guess how did I make it happen". ;)

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

This should have been a clue as to what you wanted.

As for how you did it with "no modding or module modification" - I haven't a clue.

5. Galoca

Galoca New Member

I think fro mthe followers at least jormund can do the fire-form and the fire elemental summoning. Plus the player can summon another elemental as well. That can account for 3 out fo the gang.

Just a guess though, never played a mage that far....

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I'm more concerned about how you got 100 fate points. I read somewhere you don't get more than 20 in the normal game (no mods). Is there a glitch I don't know about?

Is this
    the dungeon where you get the Blade of Xerxes?

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

@Galoca
    I'm not sure about Jormund, cos' I never had him as a fallower. But if he sometimes cast's both Body of Fire on himself and Summon Fire Elemental, you can consider this to partly be answer for the 2 of them, with considering the other ones to be the ones which are already there when you normally visit that location. Partly, because firstly I didn't have Jormund in this game, the source isn't him, and secondly the screenshot was taken long after killing all the elementals there.
    As for sommoning one by the player, pay attention that in the upper HUD bar where lasting spells are listed (right of the fate points) there aren't any spells eating my fatigue.

@Grimm Hatter
    Yes, it is that location. However it won't give you much info in answering my riddle, because I just choosed it bacause of the fire animations in that cave (it looked coll with all those Elementals), and it was way long after I visited it and killed all the Elementals which normally are there.

As for the fate points, I have achieved that with a trick with Gilbert Bates. For killing him you gain 1 fate point, but there a glitch - when you resurrect him and kill him again, you get another one. So I was killing him and ressurecting him, and again and again until my fate point's hit the limit (you can't have more than 100). I don't know if this is a well known glitch, I found this when I just wanted to play with the corpse of Bates.

8. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

I can see no spells are eating your fatiguee, and I'm thinking the RS-bug.

As for the big one, I've got three possible theories:
    1: BoF on a big character.
    2: BoF on an Elemental.
    3: You shrunk everyone and everything but him.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

A bit off topic but the easiest way to get 100 fate points is to sneak into Kree and get the idol statue and run out without killing anyone.

Provided you haven't killed anyone in the city then every time you cross the tile at the city entrance carrying the statue you get a fate point. So just line yourself up and run across the front of the entrance over and over, there are 4 or 5 tiles that trigger it so you get 100 fate points in no time at all.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

11. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Shit, someone was asleep at the keyboard during beta testing.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

@TimothyXL
    A double correct, sir. I'm no meta mage, but I've realised, that the Dwoemer Shield works just as good as the Reflective Shield in the bug you're talking about, so I often buy Mage Staffs because of that. :D The normal sized fire elementals are random permanently mind controlled and permanently body-of-fired people. I've putted them there mainly to show how big the big one is.
    As for the main riddle, the big one, you're also correct. It is the effect of casting a permanent BoF on a permanently turned into a follower huge creature, in this case the Dread Crystal Spider.
    I was shocked by the effect of spontaniously casting body of air on the Dread Crystall Spider which I made my undead follower ("now THAT is one big fuckin' elemental!", I did in fact think) and since there aren't many huge creatures in the game and I though there aren't many people morphing them into anything, it would be a nice idea for a riddle on the board. To no make it obvious I've hidden the follower list and not make it visible that I'm a mage. Congratulations for resolving it. :thumbup:

@Vorak
    I've read about that bug on the forum and what can I say - it may be great for those characters which are good at sneaking, and meaningless for the ones lacking at it. Perhaps Whysper's Gem or invisibility spell can help for them, but I didn't bother to try. For evil characters the Gilbert Bates trick is better, cos it's much earlier possible n the game. And if my memory is correct, it working not only for ressurecting him but also for making him undead and deleting the spell.

13. EEs

EEs New Member

or you can give someone the cure for lycanthrope and you can pick pocket it back and get 1k gold and an other fatepoint. repeat. If you just need money use the fate point on critical pickpocket succes (and also xp bonus?)

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The Bates and Kree methods ae better, because they are by far earlier in the game.

Our Host!