Damned hippy followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Shrike, Oct 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shrike

Shrike New Member

What's up with my NPCs? I recently started a new game, making a tech character. Thing is, my NPCs (Virgil, Marcus and Dog) are at 28-40 reaction to me. What the hell is up with that? I suppose the 'Son of Hero' thing is acting there, but still.... What in god's name have I been doing that's so damn bad? I didn't go killing pigs (I'm only level 12), and currently I'm in the Ashbury castle, where much of the drop happened. But seriously, this happened in my other game, although not as badly. My alignment meter is continually going up, and yet Virgil and Marcus both dislike me. Is the whole 'good/evil' thing way too sensitive, or are they genuinely concerned about me disrupting the delicate undead ecological balance in Ashbury?

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra New Member

Have you patched the game yet? There's some stupid bug in the earlier versions that does that to you, I think.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

poor guy as I stated milions of times before there is a huge bug concerning tattered bowman and kite bowman. sometimes if you kill them the companions think your are killing good creatures. What you can do is let your followers do the killing.

4. Ghost-face

Ghost-face New Member

I experienced a similar problem with Sogg and Virgil when going through the Black Mountains. Both of them dropped down to around 23(suspicious). I managed to bring Virgil up to a 43(neutral) by talking with him. Sogg, just got more pissed at me and kept on threatening to leave, so I eventually took back all the stuff I gave him and dropped him. All his whining was just irritating me. Anyway, my personal solution to this problem is this: from what I've read, there are certain NPC's who will pretty much stay with you no matter what you do. Dog is one of them. Dante is another, as long as you don't play the dialogue thread where you clear his name with King Praetor. Virgil will also stay with you, but you have to do some coaxing if you become too evil.

5. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Oh joy, there goes all that experience...... dammit!

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you only loose the the experience to hitting them you get the one for the kill.

7. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

True. My latest character can't fight at all, so I let my followers protect her and I've been leveling up just fine.

8. Zerthimon

Zerthimon New Member

I know this is off topic, but Shrike, are you from the UO thief forum by any chance?

9. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Mmmmnnnnope.

Never even played thief, never mind visit the forums.

If you've been around the Freespace or Independence War II forums, you'd have seen me.

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Where is this?

11. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Our Host!