Two questions about patching from 1.0.7.0 to 1.0.7.4

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Muro, May 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Until today, I was sure I have the fully patched version of the game, but by sheer curiosity I checked the version.txt and noticed, that I have 1.0.7.0 instead of 1.0.7.4. First thing I did was cheking the download section on this site, and then my bad thoughts began.
    • Question #1: I've noticed, that on the download section, there are patches arcanum_de_1074.exe, arcanum_en_1074.exe and arcanum_fr_1074.exe. Is the diffrence between the german, english & french version lay only in the language used in the readme, or does it somehow sit in the game files? I'm asking because I have a 1.0.7.0 polish version of Arcanum and I would want to know if it would by a fully functional 1.0.7.4 polish version after using the english patch.
    • Question #2: Let's say, that everything will work poperly. Then, will the saves from version 1.0.7.0 work on a game patched to 1.0.7.4?

2. Virgil_Brummond

Virgil_Brummond New Member

Don't know until you try. Well if your english is good you can torrent an english arcanum.. ~_~

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I decided not to try, at least until I'll end my current game. After that there would be no problem if the game would crash, so I'll try and install.
    Surely I would handle the game if it where english, Fallout wasn't that hard to undestand english so why should Arcanum be. Although it is really more comfortable and kinda relaxing to play a game in your own language, you know, more familiar, that sort of thing. Plus I rather like to play an oirginal copy of a game, not a downloaded or pirated one.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

A few months ago someone tried patching mid-way through the game and it caused all kinds of problems.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Damnit. Well, playing 1.0.7.0 isn't that bad actually, but after reading the readme from 1.0.7.4. I've seen that there were quite a few big advantages of being fully patched. Hard choice. Well, from the other hand, after completing the game twice, it shouldn't be hard to play it in original english. I will have to think about it. Perhaps there even is somewhere a polish 1.0.7.4 patch.

Our Host!