Dragons?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Oct 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

is there any actual dragons or is there any beholders or ilithids?And what i mean about actual dragons is big dragons that walk on all 4

2. dine

dine New Member

3. Quethim

Quethim New Member

that sux, i hope the sequel or expansion has dragons,drows(playable),beholders,illithid(mind flayers) and all other underdark fellerers

4. dine

dine New Member

Playable drow would kick ass ... the only thing I'd really like to see ... is different colored hair and flesh, ever single damn person in arcanum is either a Black haird skinny elf, a blonde haired skinny human, or a dark haired fat Dwarf/halfing. or whatever the gnomes are ...

5. dine

dine New Member

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

DROWS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!-----------i only wish they were in this game "sigh"

LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE

7. dine

dine New Member

My MOD Shadow Forest, is about the Drow(Well Dark Elves, simply because that's what they are called ingame) ... if you play an elven character, your a Dark Elf.

8. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Yeah, there is a Dark Elf city in Arcanum. You actually have to go there as part of the story also.

As for dragons, they're extinct. This is explained in parts of the manual as well as in the game. There are fossils of dragons in the game. There's one in the Tarant University, as well as an exscavation site.

9. dine

dine New Member

Yea, but he means Player Characters. There is also a background for elves that makes you have the dark Elf Philosphies ... or somethign like that.

10. QtoZ

QtoZ New Member

Dark Elves in Arcanum look just like regular elves, just a diffrent outlook on how Arcanum should be ran.

11. Dromar

Dromar New Member

Also one thing to point out...

The game starts in 1885. The dragons are extinct like the dinosaurs. The closest living "kin" to dragons are things like the figidan.

12. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Yup, since their still elves albeit with different philosophy. Drows on the other hand are a different race of elves.

Ooops Dromar got ahead of me, damn my connection, too slow.. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skie88 on 2001-10-04 07:38 ]</font>

13. BFG 9000

BFG 9000 New Member

There is a dragon

But he is not a true dragon.

Called Krakar Tur but he is a coward and a piece of cake. Very good melee fighter. Will join you if u have his diary. Very much like the dog. Dun need armour or anything.

He change himself into a dragon using some black magic, but he cannot breath fire. (Although he was supposedly banished because he burnt down villages and killed villagers ..... probably using a lighter, ha ha ha)

Yeah, how I wish got at least one dragon in Arcanum. The final boss, Kreghan do look very much like a dragon too.

14. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Well, Drow are just evil elves that live in caves. The difference is, the Arcanum "Dark Elves" are smart enough NOT to live in caves. :smile:

15. elrond93561

elrond93561 New Member

true

But if you read the Dark Elf Trilogy you shall see that most Dark Elves are scum.
    They kill other families to get higher in ranks.
    True, playing as a Dark Elf would be cool but most people would hate you even regular Elves they would call you cousin like you were a Half-Elf.

16. Magao

Magao New Member

To the original poster (and several others) ...

You are aware, are you not, that Arcanum has absolutely nothing to do with D&D? There is no underdark. There are no illithids, or beholders. Troika would not be allowed to put these into the game. Likewise, "Drow" is a term owned by Wizards of the Coast as part of D&D.

Arcanum is a completely separate world and system. One of the most refreshing things about it is that it does *not* have the same types of creatures as everything else. Sure, there are some common creatures (esp. amongst those you can play), but there are many different and unusual ones as well.

It is quite common in literature that, as in Arcanum, being a Dark Elf is a matter of philosophy, not race. Even D&D has this in parts - this is the case in Dragonlance.

Please don't try to make every fantasy CRPG into a D&D-based one. Enjoy the differences.

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

i just love how drows look(with there grey skin and thier kool looking armor) and also i think if Troika gets permishion from Wizards they would be able to use some of the creature............u think all of these games are kool u should wait like 5-10 years when i start making games

18. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Aww man I wont live if I ever see your game sell, you don't even know what a wabbit is.

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

20. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Our Host!