Not much support for this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wacky_Elf, May 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wacky_Elf

Wacky_Elf New Member

Usualy after a demo or soon to be realease the forums are like full of posts. Is this game not popular? When I first saw it I thought it was going to be stupid and I downloaded the demo out of boredom but I have to admit its a cool game.

2. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

3. Concise

Concise New Member

If you think you'll ever find any game that everybody likes then you are sadly mistaken. This is especially true for demos because people don't have the full version to judge by.

If I was a developer, I'd honestly never ever release a demo before the final product unless I knew it to be 100% polished and operational, no matter how much the public was itching for it.

Edit: Uh... I should have noted that this is off topic and unrelated to what you guys were talking about. Its just that both the forums seem to be divided into complainers and praisers. :razz: Sorry about that, I've been drinking lots and lots of turpentine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Concise on 2001-05-15 20:02 ]</font>

4. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Most developers don't want to release a demo until it's in the condition you describe, Concise.

Then again, there's the publishers..

5. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

6. Concise

Concise New Member

So *cough* was that the case with Arcanum as well? With the minor missing art problems, etc, the demo seems a little raw.

Normally this wouldn't bother me but since the demo will have to hold me over until September I'm a little antsy about it.

7. Calis

Calis Member

Well, Troika had to finish the demo in a rush, because of their release schedule. Then Sierra screwed up with the translation, and the release schedule got adjusted, leaving us with
    1. a rushed demo
    2. a September release date

8. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

anyway Welf, as Vikjunk wrote, this is not the only forum, actually this one is pretty darn new(1 week +1 or 2 days me thinks). the inn is the most active forum, but as of late i'm pretty tired of it(thus i prefer the House of Lords).

but the inn is old, and active, when i checked today it was up at 49,956 msg's on 2 years of active duty(2.5 almost).

'ey calis

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-05-16 08:28 ]</font>

9. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

September release because somekind of translation problems?! :mad:
    that made me 100% angry......... :evil:

10. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

I like your sig piccy zed an btw monkey are you gonna edit your post each day or is the 1 week +1 or 2 days just gonna really be dated
    :smile:

Our Host!