Arcanum questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by EEs, Oct 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. EEs

EEs New Member

1.Whats the diffrends with Virgil and Zen-Virgil? How do you get 'em? and so

2.What is Car arcanum?

3.Half-Orge's island. I dont quite understand it. I triedto speak to a man who thinks i want to kill him. And i got drunk and talked to him again and i got the quest to go and look there. Just a simple book and back therehe was gone and a gnome there instead. I saved, and dunno why but i loaded and he dissapeared so i couldnt talk to him to know why he ws there insead. But can get gold to sell the story. but i dont even know anything bout it.

4.How do i get down the pits in Dernholm?

5. What about the haunted castle at Ashbury?

6. What about the hermit’s house? Is he really the Dodge Master? And how can he train me?

7. What to do with the magical beans from the halfling and the gnome at Caladon?

8. If you look at the map at the crash site, south wall, and some west, theres a pit or something there (dont know if its ther at the new version of Arcanum). Is it a bug or is it something?

9. What is Lair of Gyr Dolours?

10. What about the ghost at Bessie Toone Mine?

11. I found some pick locks tools to a guy in prison. where is he?

12. I heard about "Gorgoth Pass". How do i get there? Where is it?

13. You can get to K'na Tha when you accept the throwing mastery quest, but i dont remember that i did do it.

14. I dont get this "Kree". I just found it on the map and the ppl there attacked me. The "Kree" guy at void attacked me cause i told him that i killed everyone there. What to do there?

15. I dont really understand this "P. Schuyler & Sons".

16. On an other game i pick pocked someone to get a map to Stringy Pete. But dont remember where. And how to get the map other way?

17. What is Thanatos? I've heard you need to go there for Stringy Pete quest.

Thats all. Thank you

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

1. The difference is Virgil is depressed and Zen Virgil isn't they also have slightly different leveling schemes, to get ZenVirgil just follow the good storyline, if you don't know how to get Virgil then your beyond help.

2. Car Arcanum is a Mod that Chris Beddoes made for Arcanum, it massively alters how the game works and adds quite a few more quests.

3. Thats all there is, you can't resolve the story beyond that.

4. Follow the evil storyline and an opurtunity comes up, although there is a way to force it.

5. Its just a place to get your levels up.

6. If you have 5 points in Dodge and Expert training already just talk to him and he'll train you.

7. Take them to a wise woman and get them identified, they work like a resurrect scroll.

8. If you mean that bit of mountain off the side of the map its just a glitch.

9. You go there as part of the Melee Mastery quest.

10. Free her and you get a slide about Shrouded Hills at the end of the game.

11. The Caladon prison is through a trap door at the caladon police station, near the castle.

12. Gorgoth pass leads to the other side of the mountains from near Dernholm its at the location 1498 1443

13. Is this a statement or what?

14. Its part of a quest for the Thieves Underground, it serves no other purpose besides Shakar's altar.

15. What do you mean you don't understand P. Schuyler & Sons? if you've done half the other things your asking about you should be finished with it.

16. The map is on a guy in the Blackroot pub, but he's only there when you need the ship, prior to that you can't meet him.

17. Thanatos is the island down the bottom of the map that says 'Thanatos' on it, you go there after you get a ship, you can get a ship off of Stringy Pete, but its not the only way.

Does that help?

3. EEs

EEs New Member

4. EEs

EEs New Member

w8 a min... So Car Arcanum is the same just more quest and fixes like the bood boys can win at half-orges island?

edit-
    sry for bumping

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Yes, but either magical or tech-characters (I can not remember which) are given a handicap. Chris, the guy who made Car Arcanum, thought(or thinks) one of the character-types are overpowered and so he and so he gave them a disadvantage.

6. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

Sorta.

He apparently hates when players make heavy use of a few spells so he made spells like Harm considerably weaker (ie harm drains fatigue instead of health). Certainly those changes qualify as giving magic users a kind of disadvantage but somewhat paradoxically he also gives players the option to massively boost fatigue and reduce encumbrance penalties so I suppose technically mages might not be disadvantaged over all if they choose to mkae use of those changes.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'd have left Harm alone and just set it so you can't cast the same spell more than twice in a row.

8. EEs

EEs New Member

Our Host!