Steve Irwin dead at 44

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Sep 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I saw the video of the guy getting torn apart by a grizzly and lets just say that theres a reason they don't show those things. Its not just the pain and suffering involved, its the loss of dignity for all parties involved if it goes public.

2. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Was it in the movie, "The Grizzly Man"?
    That guy REALLY pushed his luck. In fact, everything he did was kinda...crazy and not what you should do while in the presence of grizzly bears.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

5. Hellbokos

Hellbokos New Member

No offense to steve Irwin but fuck, what do you expect when ur messin round with deadly animals n stuff.
    Dont get me wrong i did really like the guy. Dont think ive ever seen a "sweater bloke", but the second he had a child he should have stopped doing what he was doing. Or at least toned it down a bit. You know like, hunt dear instead of crocadiles or summin.
    Doesnt matter who you are. Your children should be your main priority.
    Any way, thats just me.
    R.I.P Steve

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Why, praytell, do you associate not quitting your job when you have kids with not putting your children first? Should every police officer who works in a beat become a traffic cop when their children are born? What about soldiers, or firefighters, or any of a hundred professions?

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

To clarify Tele-Cunt-Tar, there is no "video" of Timothy Treadwell getting torn apart. All you can hear is his and his fiance's screams. The camera was dropped on the ground, but continued to record. For like 10 minutes, they were attacked, and then you can hear the bear cracking their bones.

I didn't "hear" the video, either. It won't be released. In fact, the woman who owns the tape was advised to destroy it. I don't know if she did or not.

Some sick, morbid part of me wants to listen to it, though. I don't think I could stomach it.

Cunt tar. Yum.

8. Grossenschwamm

That's just it, it wasn't a crocodile or a snake or a SHARK (Rays are in the samne family as sharks, they are not "technically" sharks) or any other dangerous animal. It was a stingray. While a stingray is far from defenseless, it does not see people as prey.
    Note: I edited this post due to the last bit about the cameraman. My poor attempt at humor was just that; poor. No only that, I regret it, so it's gone.
    To be honest, I can't feel right about poking fun at the dead or all parties involved.

9. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Being an Australian. I know that Steve wasn't all that well liked as he brought a stereo typical image of Australians and being the vain self centered people that we are, we sometimes complained. However although I never personally met the guy or ever went to his zoo. I know that he was an enthusiastic, lovable man who brought a great deal of awareness to the more raw side of the animal kingdom. He took a view on such dangerous animals as all good nature documentalists do. He never saw the animal as a fierce monster and always treated them with a kind of respect. He did aggravate the animals sometimes but never put them in any serious harm. I'm glad that he died at least doing what he loved. It just shows that nature is a force to be reckoned with and shows no hatred or sympathy towards anyone or anything. Regardless of how its treated. My deepest sympathy for his family, especially Bindi and the little guy er Jack i think it is. I know what its like to lose a parent needlessly at a young age, My only hopes is that it doesn't damage their outlooks on nature. Also, no blaming he camera man for what happened. He was good mate of steve and doesn't need to be held resonsible for the actions of a man who knew the risk of tangoing with a bull sting ray! His revival team never quit when they got on the ship. But it was hopless. A man who had just met him four day earlier was in tears, thats how great a bloke he was. This doesn't mean I'm gonna start wearin kaki and saluteing the aussie flag. But damn it! A good man died for fuck sake! We all knew it would happen. But even so, the world a different place now. Steve will be missed sorely. I now just hope that no stingray vendettas get started, that would be stupid. And if that video of steves death goes public, I will personally hunt down who is responsible and FEED THEM TO THE FUCKIN STINGRAYS! Steve, 'on ya mate! You were fair dinkum. (hopefully this is the last time I use australian slang)

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

As I heard it, Steve made it evident that he would have wanted the video to go public.

11. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

He'd view it as educating people.

12. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

How the fuck did steve want the video to go public. He was dead the minute he pulled the barb out. What? Were his last words"Make sure this goes to air.." How in the hell did you come up with that.

13. Telcontar

Actually he said that if ever his death was caught on film, keep the camera rolling regardless.

14. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

15. Telcontar

I see dollars comming out of trying to catch a glimpse of the actual death film.

16. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, yes? The TV company can probably make a crapload of money on selling his death-film. I wouldn't buy it, but I'm sure that there are quite a few whackos out there who'd be interested in buying it.

17. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

They could show the film on his funeral but I'm not sure if the guests would appreciate it.

I saw in the newspapar that many dead bodies of stingrays has been found around his home. Something, or some one have cut off their tail and their barb. I wonder why...

18. Telcontar

19. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

20. Grossenschwamm

Right now, in Amrica, there is a series of movies called, "The Many Faces of Death."
    They show, in all of its gruesome glory, death of all types. Mostly due to car crashes or people jumping off of buildings or some nutter with a chainsaw...
    If anyone was to show the clip, they would.
    The way I see it with those dead stingrays is some rabid fan of Irwin's thought it was necessary to show their sympathy by killing dozens of stingrays and removing their barbs.

Our Host!