Mage Constitution

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by NOOOOBODY, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NOOOOBODY

NOOOOBODY New Member

Been a long time since I played, so could anyone give their opinion on how much CON a mage character should have?

Also, does any stat affect how much fatigue my character gains when he level ups?

Finally, someone mentioned to me the amulet of N'Tala. Why does it allow me to spend less points into CON? Is it just because it has +1 CON or something else extra?

2. Langolier

Langolier Member

I don't know that anymore constituion than what you start out with is needed. I always find that it is easy to carry lots of fatigue potions and fatigue carrying weapons when you need to cast a lot of spells in a hurry.

I do believe the Amulet of N'Tala grants +1 or +2 constitution... I'm not positive though.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The amulet does give a bonus, I just can't remember how much of one.
    Yeah, just get a whole bunch of fatigue potions, or weapons that have fatigue, or all that good stuff. If you're really worried, though, give one or two more points of constitution to your base stats. One thing constitution helps with is poison, though. If your constitution is high enough, you never get poisoned, and therefore never need to waste fatigue (or potions) to get rid of the poison.

4. Madness

Madness New Member

Constitution is so useless, I say if you want to spend so badly on getting your Fatigue Max up, just level up fatigue itself.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

CON doesn't really matter all that much if you have a high Willpower, and if you don't have a high WP then WHY are you trying to play a mage?? :-o

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The big advantage about 20 constitution is the poison immunity, but there isn't really that much poison in the game.

7. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

There is an amulet in Quintara that will give you +4 Con. But you have to steal it off Swyft or someone (Female healer)(I think).
    Con is one of those stats that you can live without, but the more you have, the easier certain things are.
    Personally I like Con

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

Or you could do the honorable thing and become a world-renowned healer, in which case she gives it to you for free.

Admittedly, I usually uh... "trade" her something else for it.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

By trade, I'm assuming you mean replace?

Our Host!